Return to Website

Four Hills Ranch Forum

Where the stars shine like diamonds in the sky!

A meeting place for neighbors. 
Feel free to post a message or start a new topic!

Choose your own format (board style or threaded style) for viewing this forum...

Four Hills Ranch Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
b
Bruce
Morons! Your Bus Is Leaving . . . .
A little birdy (the December meeting minutes) told me that trial balloons are being floated within the Board about seeing if APS can bring buried power lines to 4 Hills. Say WHAT?? Let me see . . . we're into a recession and getting deeper, the real estate market...
Views: 791   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 19, 2018 7:16pm
by Peggy Brawn
Savita.Bhabhi.the Movie.XXX In Hindi
Savita.Bhabhi.the Movie.XXX In Hindi > http://shorl.com/stadakipihule Savita.Bhabhi.the Movie.XXX In Hindi, Citroen C5 Uputstvo Za Upotrebu b92c5eb40e {FERNANDO MENDES DE NOVO SO} http://img651.imageshack.us...
Views: 523   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2016 8:26pm
by grayhwethe
***** T-H-I-N-G-S- -S-T-O-L-E-N *****
I own lot #737 on S. Northstar Rd. I am a disabled USMC Veteran who lives primarily in San Diego. My wife and I have not been able to get out to our land for about 1 year 6 months. I have a trailer on my land, completely locked up, but someone tried to break into...
Views: 531   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2013 11:02pm
by Darleen
c
Casey
NOTICE TRESPASSING
Notice to any neighbors who's properties are on or near South Red Butte Trail: Along the wash parallel to South Red Butte Trail (both sides of wash, both sides of Red Butte Trail and any connecting to cataract canyon) There has been a *New* neighbor trespassing wit...
Views: 407   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2013 7:41pm
by Tawanda
POA Members Exempted From Arizona Homestead Act Protections
Sherrian and Bruce, Thanks for keeping this forum up, and for taking HMR's silliness head-on. That said, you should know that I did recently sell my home in 4 Hills to a very nice couple from California. Their names are Peter and Monica, and I'm confident they w...
Views: 382   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2013 2:55pm
by Steve Shields
4HR HAS LEGAL ACCESS THRU HMR
Anyone seeing the sign that is posted on the common road, Big Elk, saying 4HR will be denied access on March 3, 2013, need not worry. 4HR has a legal easement to use all of the common roads: Big Elk, Latigo, & Jackrabbit Easement Granting, 2001. Please sen...
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 25, 2013 10:28pm
by Sherrian
Big Elk Road Entrance
I noticed a sign this past Saturday when entering through Big Elk Rd off Highway 64 that basically said that access to 4 Hills Ranch will no longer be available via any Howard Mesa Ranch roads starting on March 3rd, 2013. I guess I am out of the loop on what is goin...
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 25, 2013 10:05pm
by Sherrian
b
Bruce
Where Are The Musicans?
I have to admit, I've always fantasized about having a 4Hills BBQ and hootenanny at our place some summer evening. I play piano, concertina, and Native American flute. The piano isn't too good for campfire sessions so I plan to get a small folk accordian for outdo...
Views: 441   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 2:38pm
by Anne Wittke
b
Bruce
County legalizes shipping containers
County legalizes shipping containers By CYNDY COLE Sun Staff Reporter Monday, December 24, 2007 Those big, metal shipping containers commonly found around Coconino County and Flagstaff will be allowed in the county, the Board of Supervisors decided Tuesday...
Views: 1087   Replies: 17
Last Post: May 18, 2012 2:23am
by ramfrokson
weather
How is the weather at the ranch? Any snow?
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2011 5:01pm
by chris baldwin
b
Brian
Social media
All, I am not sure how active the membership is anymore in communication amongst ourselves, but I would like to suggest some changes, that are free of course, and would possibly benefit the entire community. Here are some items I would like to suggest: facebook,...
Views: 387   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 25, 2011 11:31am
by Brian
Grand Canyon Airport Expansion
Just saw a news article that said the transportation department is looking to expand the Grand Canyon Airport to accomidate more turists. That would be good for the economy but bad for the enviroment, the expansion would be to accomidate bigger commercial aircraft (...
Views: 353   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 4, 2011 11:15am
by Bruce
4HRPOA March Board Meeting
I did send out about 150 emails notifying POA Members of the change to the March Board Meeting, but we do not have email addresses for the other 250 members, so I am posting the Meeting notice here... The meeting date, time, and location is as follows: March...
Views: 490   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2011 12:00pm
by Tom Makofske
weather
I am considering visiting in the next month. How is the weather at the ranch? What is the condition of the roads?
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2011 5:31am
by chris baldwin
Wind Farm "A Big Problem"
Look at this web site for information. http://www.howardmesapoa.com/windfarm.htm This wind farm looks like it will really hurt the views both day and night.
Views: 606   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 14, 2011 4:12pm
by Timon & Sharon
How's the weather there? And Happy Holidays!
Hi - Wanted to check on the weather there (12/29/10) and see what the holidays are like on our ranch. We haven't been to Four Hills in some time, although we have had our property (Lot 971) for going on 10 years. We are definitely curious about the winters there an...
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 14, 2011 1:12pm
by Darleen
Save Our Wide Open Spaces
This is an announcement to all 4HR owners regarding the APS - NextEra Wind Energy plan to place Sixty-Two 400 foot tall wind turbines on the southern boundary of 4HR on the Perrin Ranch. Check out our new web site. Please be sure to contact us if you want m...
Views: 414   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2010 6:45pm
by Coconino County ...
NextEra Wind Energy gets help from 4HR Resident !
At the recent Williams City Council meeting (10/14/2010) 4HR resident, Thad Johnson, was acknowledged by NextEra Wind Energy for his advance work on their behalf and his impending opportunity to profit from the installation of the Perrin Ranch Wind Farm project. T...
Views: 397   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 4:57pm
by Sherrian
b
Bruce
Sound Off, People: What Skills, Hobbies, Interests, Passions?
As promised, here's the Skills, Hobbies, Interests, and Passions thread. I'll go first. In no particular order: Gardening, shooting, hiking, climbing, animal husbandry, mountain biking, reading, building things, piano playing, learning new musical instruments, pe...
Views: 522   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 12, 2010 9:37pm
by Bruce
What Are Conditions Like Now?
Did the area get snow and rain or mostly snow from those series of storms last week? We are thinking of taking the kids up to go sledding and it is easier if we can do this without driving back into Williams or going back to Flagstaff. We cross Cataract Canyon at t...
Views: 451   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 4:41am
by Brian Van Roekel
Bob Cat as neighbor!
Journal entry Thursday,January 14? 2010 I woke at 5:30 to the sound of battering at the red shed door which is outside my bedroom. I listened to the core of coyotes howl in the daylight – such as it is: fog, snow, ice covering the area. So I tried to take p...
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 10:16am
by Nancy Coker
NEW PHOTO ALBUM - Check it Out!
Go to the homepage of this site. Click on Photos - top menu. Look for Album Titled - 4HR BLITZED BY RECORD SNOW STORM More photos will be posted. Please feel free to post your own! Sherrian
Views: 582   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 5, 2010 7:39am
by Sherrian ...
Local Architect Up for Sustainable Building Award in 2010
Wow! One of our 4HR own, Thad Johnson, long time board member and president, has a really great article written about him in a recent issue of the Williams, AZ, newspaper. This is the lead and the link. Tuesday, December 22, 2009 WILLIAMS - Local architectura...
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2009 1:29pm
by Tessa Ricar
WINTER ARRIVES
well, WELCOME WINTER! i was frozen inside the house this morning. Had to wait for the sun...then to get the driftsshaved down so they wouldn't fall inside! The wind was so fierce I couldn't stay out even under all those clothes - think I need a ski mask, but eyes w...
Views: 383   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 23, 2009 3:46pm
by Nancy Coker
Seasonal Thinking
Hi All, I just want to wish you each and all a happy holiday season. It is getting dang COLD here and of course, windy. I hope we get something from this storm coming in for the next couple of days. It has been a LONG summer with nary a drop. Might I suggest the...
Views: 364   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 23, 2009 3:29pm
by Nancy Coker
September Meeting
Was there a board meeting in September? My previous post seemed to have disappeared. Curious what the updates are.
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 29, 2009 7:36am
by Sherrian
Correction RE Junipine Loses License
Folks, New information reached my ears this week that prompts me to correct an earlier post of mine. It turns out that Junipine's Fire Department is alive and well, and rumors of Junipines delicensing appear to be false. I apologize for any confusion this f...
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 9:36am
by Steve Shields
j
Joe
Police Raid in Howard Mesa???
Sara and I were driving north on hwy 64 around 7:30 this past Friday night. A sheriff with lights blazing zipped past us. Hmmm... I wonder where he was going? About half a mile before parcel 333 in Howard Mesa, we saw the lights of other sheriffs deputies at that pa...
Views: 464   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 4:01pm
by Bruce
b
Bruce
Coming Soon: Poacher Season (No Limit)
I found this helpful posting at The Poacher Chronicles www.poacherchronicles.com OPERATION GAME THIEF is a public awareness program that allows people to call a toll free hotline, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to report wildlife violations. Poaching is serious...
Views: 512   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 8, 2009 6:40pm
by Dirk
j
Joe
Let's put this into perspective.....
Just a thought, this might be of interest to us all here at Four Hills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgTGPJtvmS8 Maybe we can learn something from these people. -Joe
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 1, 2009 10:40am
by Bruce
b
Bruce
Increased Military Activity: Maybe Not Just Our Imagination?
OK, kiddies, here's an update for y'all. Internet sources lead me to a verifiable military operation just getting underway. It's called Operation Vigilant Shield. It's set to run from Nov. 12-18, 2008. Here's NORAD's own description: http://www.norad.mil/News/200...
Views: 407   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 12, 2009 6:53pm
by Bruce
b
Brian
Possible solution to catching the theifs
If we can't track people coming and going 24/7, then lets get high tech. I suggest we install digital image equipment at all entrances, that can take an image of the vehicle, the driver and even possibly the their license plates. This can be captured into a USB...
Views: 524   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 5, 2009 12:02pm
by Bruce
b
Bruce
Attempted Burglary At 4 Hills
Here we go again. I just got off the phone with 4 Hills resident, Nancy Coker's son, Josh. At around midnight last night (6/30/09) Josh (a light sleeper) was awakened by the persistent barking of their dog and then a brilliant light against Josh's bedroom window....
Views: 392   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2009 12:50pm
by Bruce
Don't Shoot!
I wanted to say a formal "hello to everyone". Our property just closed yesterday- woo hoo! We are very excited to have found such a beautiful place to live. Just to let you all know, we have a silver Toyota Tundra with a shell, a silver '09 Corola. Some of...
Views: 387   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 12:15pm
by Bruce
HANDS UP
Hope we didn't appear to be trespassing in our hire car when we came over a couple of weeks ago. This burglary is a real problem. Despite the fact the only thing on our land was a small shovel and some wooden stakes - we found the shovel had been stolen! How s...
Views: 465   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 11:15pm
by Sara
d
Doug F
Septic recommendations
Hello everyone, This is my first time posting here but I have been reading this BB for some time now. I find it to be a valuable source of information and enjoy reading about the various topics. We are finally planning our septic installation and I thought thi...
Views: 415   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 29, 2009 3:27pm
by Linda
Trespassing Issues HMR
Just getting around to catching up on the "neighborhood" goings on and wanted to add some additional fuel to the fire. Recently HMR has had some encounters with trespassers who say they are property owners and give a lot #. They also say they didn't know they were on...
Views: 475   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 29, 2009 3:17pm
by Linda
Property sneaks
I checked on One Eye's property and found the wood stove missing. The pink trailer had been busted into which to my knowledge had been heavily locked. I don't know any of the inventory in there. I just feel badly because Bill asked me to keep an eye out... This is...
Views: 368   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 18, 2009 3:32pm
by pete ratcliff
4HRPOA CANDIDATE BIOGRAPHY - SHERRIAN BLOOMQUIST
Sherrian Bloomquist, Lot 1055 Email: B3@infomagic.net Cell: 928-699-9155 I am running for re-election to the Four Hills Ranch Board. I have served on the Board as Secretary, Treasurer, and currently as a Vice President. Over the past three years, I hav...
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2009 9:48am
by Nancy Coker
b
Bruce
Serious Burglary At 4 Hills
Serious burglary at 4 Hills. Despite all attempts at vigilance, our neighbors to the north have been burglarized—in no small way. I was given the OK to check on these owners’ property from time to time and drove down today only to discover that on...
Views: 449   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 8, 2009 11:51pm
by peteratcliff1@ya...
b
Bruce
Pottery Pilferers And Problem Trespassers
We got a call from a 4 Hills property owner this morning alerting us to the presence of trespassers who appear to be engaged in artifact pilfering. Unfortunately, no vehicle tag was obtained. This time. Landowners, do you have Indian artifacts on your land? Did yo...
Views: 454   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 6:24am
by Tessa Ricar
2009 Road Reports - Please record the date when giving a road report
Saturday - January 24, 2009 Yesterday it started raining. It's more of an intermittent drizzle where we are located - north western corner. Not sure how the rutted roads are being impacted by the moisture. I'll be driving out today and will post a report...
Views: 426   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 8:40pm
by peteratcliff1@ya...
Junipine Estates' POA loses license?
Sherrian, Bruce and readers, I'm hearing that Junipine's HOA lost its state license for non-enforcement of its ccnr's. Am I hearing a vicious rumor, or is it true? Word is, the board wasn't fullfilling its fiduciary duties to the general members, and the state...
Views: 952   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 8, 2009 6:02am
by Tessa Ricar
Weather----Roads Winter 2008
I was wondering if the roads are bad as of rain---run-off ???? I was also wondering if there has been much snow this year and if it has stuck or just melted away ???? Thanks as I was or am going to make a trip into my property if roads are passible by a passenger v...
Views: 578   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 4:09am
by Sherrian
b
Bruce
ATTN: Poachers And Trespassing Hunters--You're Being Watched
Hi all, It appears that 4 Hills is still getting visits from poachers and trespassing hunters . There have been reports of dead (gunshot) elk in Cataract Canyon and several reports of vehicles with hunters trespassing on 4 Hills land. I confronted one group a cou...
Views: 422   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 4:03pm
by Steve Shields
---------- Holidays-------
Happy holidays everyone. Seems cold in 4 Hills. Saw 30 degrees today on computor.Looks like it might have snowed alittle today 12/14/08. Maybe a white xmas ??? Have a merry christ-mas and a safe new-year. " Watch your' back from all the weirdos we have running arou...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 14, 2008 9:20pm
by Pete Ratcliff
b
Bruce
Vote: Should The 4 Hills POA Board Concern Itself With Permitted Structures?
Cast Your Vote Free Vote Casters by Bravenet.com How do you feel about the Board actively seeking out violators of the CC&Rs? [Before throwing any stones--ask yourself: Do I live in a glass house?] Any additional comments or suggestions to add to y...
Views: 533   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 14, 2008 1:20am
by Pete Ratcliff
b
Bruce
Star Watchers: Mars Weekend
Anyway, here's the article. I can't seem to make a "clicky" of the url below. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051024/sc_afp/spaceastronomymars&printer=1 Eyes to the sky for the Mars spectacular Mon Oct 24, 5:49 PM ET The last time Mars swung so close to Earth...
Views: 937   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 4, 2008 3:11am
by Tessa
Chinook Aircraft flying low over 4HR!
Boeing CH-47 Chinook - a twin-engine tandem-rotor helicopter: We had two Chinooks fly over yesterday morning one on either side of our house! They were no higher than 200 feet, maybe lower!!! Both were heading east. Anyone else seen them? Sherrian
Views: 381   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 11, 2008 5:24pm
by Nancy Coker
Xmas Tree at Espee
Marie and I were talking last weekend about the tree. We thought we should suggest everyone get an ornament and put it on the tree. I found some oversized ones at Big Lots that at appropriate size and cost. I will place them after Thanksgiving. C'mon anyone who is co...
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2008 3:19pm
by Nancy Coker
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet