Return to Website

Four Hills Ranch Forum

Where the stars shine like diamonds in the sky!

A meeting place for neighbors. 
Feel free to post a message or start a new topic!

Choose your own format (board style or threaded style) for viewing this forum...

Four Hills Ranch Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chinook Aircraft flying low over 4HR!

Boeing CH-47 Chinook - a twin-engine tandem-rotor helicopter:

We had two Chinooks fly over yesterday morning one on either side of our house!
They were no higher than 200 feet, maybe lower!!! Both were heading east.

Anyone else seen them?

Sherrian

Re: Chinook Aircraft flying low over 4HR!

I had what sounded like two of them fly over my place late in the night, then saw a single fly over me the next day, also heading east. Have no clue what they were doing.

Yeah, I've noticed an increase in military overflights lately: the two Chinooks, almost daily overflights of C-130-type transports, a low flight of Blackhawks passing nearby--even a lowflying V-22 Osprey "Marine Killer" tilt-rotor aircraft passed over a few days back. Who knows? Upcoming ops somewhere? Military coup perchance? Round-up of "unAmerican" types? War "games" over Four Hills? We'll be the last to know either way.

Actually, I discovered that most of the thumping sounds I've been hearing over the few past years has been the Founding Fathers spinning in their graves.

I don't know what military is up there. We are surrounded by airbases and other facilities in Phx. Why don't you call whatever is close to see what they say? Or call the congressperson. Give them something to do. They love tracking down stuff like that.

sure have! Even in the snow storm...did they think someone was snowshoeing through the storm to get tooooo er, more desert???

Anyway, we are being bombarded with military. I think they are looking for Jude! HA! Just kidding.