Return to Website

Four Hills Ranch Forum

Where the stars shine like diamonds in the sky!

A meeting place for neighbors. 
Feel free to post a message or start a new topic!

Choose your own format (board style or threaded style) for viewing this forum...

Four Hills Ranch Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grand Canyon Airport Expansion

Just saw a news article that said the transportation department is looking to expand the Grand Canyon Airport to accomidate more turists. That would be good for the economy but bad for the enviroment, the expansion would be to accomidate bigger commercial aircraft ( more noise in our skys). Just thought some of you might want to know.

Re: Grand Canyon Airport Expansion

I wouldn't stand on one leg waiting for that proposal to bear fruit.

Call me the Canyon Country Curmudgeon, but I said the real estate bubble was going belly up years ago. It did. I predicted the Wild West amusement park flop. It did. [I wonder how many speculators got hosed on that one?]

We already have one enormous boondoggle to contend with lately: these enormous, fuggly, 40-story wind turbines that seem to be sprouting around the ranch on a daily basis.

Now, if someone can sell the airport expansion as a "green" project the Feds will fall all over themselves to throw money at it.

I'm no prophet, but I do have a pretty sensitive bovine excrement detector and the needle's twitching on the airport expansion thingy.