Return to Website

Four Hills Ranch Forum

Where the stars shine like diamonds in the sky!

A meeting place for neighbors. 
Feel free to post a message or start a new topic!

Choose your own format (board style or threaded style) for viewing this forum...

Four Hills Ranch Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where Are The Musicans?

I have to admit, I've always fantasized about having a 4Hills BBQ and hootenanny at our place some summer evening.

I play piano, concertina, and Native American flute. The piano isn't too good for campfire sessions so I plan to get a small folk accordian for outdoor playing.

It would be great if we could find some owners who play too, like guitar, bass, harmonica, mandolin, fiddle . . . just to name a few.

Any musicians out there? Let's jam!!!

Re: Where Are The Musicans?

Hi Bruce-
Cindy and I play the radio!
When we become (physically) part of the 4HR community; I can play rhythm guitar, if you just lay down the chords.
Looking forward to have the time to get back into it!!!

Gee, I think I may remember a few chords on the guitar as well... Used to play lead and rhythm in a band many, many moons ago (back then the dinosaurs roamed). My electric guitars found new homes, but I still have an acoustic 6 and 12 string which I dust off every so often (less often than I'd like). Problem is to get the fingers to move the way the mind remembers them moving many years ago... I guess they are just a bit "rusty". Maybe a little practice will get them back in shape...

Cool!

Sounds like we're off to a good start.

Just ordered myself a Sophie 24 key 32 bass note folk accordion. Due here in about a month. I'm pretty stoked about it. It'll be nice to have a portable keyboard that isn't just stuck in the key of C (like my concertina) and has a piano-like keyboard for the right hand.

I'll have to come up with a campfire repetoire. What songs do y'all know/like? I like everything from Beatles, folk standards, Celtic, Willie Nelson, cowboy tunes, etc. Stuff like "City Of New Orleans", "Willin'", "Mollie Maguire", "Throw Another Log On The Fire" and other stuff I can't think of right now.

Anybody else who has a song they know, I can usually catch up as soon as I figure out what key you're playing in.

The more musicians, the more possible tunes that someone knows. That's what makes a sit-in so fun.

And if we all really stink . . . there's always . . . liquor!!!!! Makes even an amateur into a maestro.

I play guitar and drums. Cathy and I don't get out to 4Hills much due to my job but we are hoping to make it out this fall. I always bring a guitar so would love to jam if/when we get back to our ranch.

Chris,
Give us a holler when you know you'll be on the ranch.
Hopefully our schedule will be flexible 'nuff for us to get together!!

Sherrian and Bruce

Sure will. Thanks.

We have also been fantasizing about hanging out and playing music some evening. Did you ever get this off the ground? I notice you tried doing it after the annual meeting a few years ago.
-Anne