Return to Website

Four Hills Ranch Forum

Where the stars shine like diamonds in the sky!

A meeting place for neighbors. 
Feel free to post a message or start a new topic!

Choose your own format (board style or threaded style) for viewing this forum...

Four Hills Ranch Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weather----Roads Winter 2008

I was wondering if the roads are bad as of rain---run-off ???? I was also wondering if there has been much snow this year and if it has stuck or just melted away ???? Thanks as I was or am going to make a trip into my property if roads are passible by a passenger van. Thanks Kindly for any info; on the roads " especially off Espee { county rd. }. P.L.R

Re: Weather----Roads Winter 2008

Well I now know how the roads are From Hwy: entrance to Howard Mesa ok , the the 6 inch ruts and mud start all the way to Espee { County Road }. Slip and slide, I got stuck twice as I did not bring 4x4 with me as the weather on computor did not say MUD / Snow. When we where there last week Feb. 24th a water truck came by from; espee rd., yes it made big ruts . I guess our' P.O.A fees pay for water, U.P.S etc. to tear up the roads. It will take years and $$$$ to fix this problem This is 1 reason I have always said; we should have gates at all entrances to help stop this.... It would be cheaper than fixing the roads as these " Big Rigs" should come in when it is " DRY". Property owners should not let in Trucks when roads are BAD it just causes US ALL more $$$$ to fix their' mess they make!!! P.L.R

Pete,
Sorry, I have not been online lately or I would have warned you. Once you get past the big hill going down Jackrabbit out to 4 Hills from Howard Mesa it is a mess. However, water trucks and UPS are only part of the story. Property owners building in the middle of winter is the big problem there. An owner out in 4 Hills had a huge delivery of building materials ( several semis) that were unloaded in the middle of Jackrabbit by Doubletree in January when the roads were soaked. The drivers (I presume) refused to go any further and the trucks were unloaded by forklift and the materials ferried out to the lot - causing considerable damage.
Unfortunately people have gotten used to dry winters, think they can schedule construction and you saw the end result. It is too bad, because as you say, we are all paying for it and it wastes money when it has to be redone because of thoughtlessness.

Hi Linda; Linda thanks for the input Linda; don't you live at the entrance of 4 Hills??? Linda aren't you part of phase 1 Howard Mesa ??? You have the Kuhns Bros' Cabin, What do you think of " Solar electric gates" ??? I thought in the long run they would pay for themselves as it would keep lookie lous' out and others who want to hunt illegally and tear up areas or possibly someday start a FIRE we would not appreciate We heard gun shots and did not know if it was Hunting Season on Feb; 24th. I do not know when Elk or other hunting is ok Well we are looking at April or May to bring in some concrete for a foundation, I have to have my plans changed for the County as originally plans where for a Flat surface and we decided to build on a slope so we have to build a Stem Wall ] So I have to re submit to my Archethect See Ya hope " Road commmittee talks about Roads be destoyed Pete

Pete

Well good luck and all that. i guess the road committee, since they didn't get the needed votes for the improvements, is very limited as to "what we can expect" from them.

So ,good luck to you Pete and Good Luck our Road Committee.

Maybe next year...

Thanks Jim; Did not know what H.O.A up to this year 2007-2008, last year the gravel was nice in areas , but with rain-mud " traffic", I mean without being overseen or stopped they really messed up the work that was done. They pushed all the nice gravel to the sides of the road with the MUD they push out of the road-bed. guess we are on are own ???? Well I will not take my VAN back out there until I see the roads at least bladed, I will take my little 4x4 Toyota, it limits me with the kids, maybe I will look for that " Hummer " Been trying to be thrifty with oil prices as we do not go to 4 Hills as much { we are trying to conserve " that is why I bought > TOY < instead of a Surburban Have to think this over. I wish we could get GATES at the entrances Thanks JIM

Hey, 4HR neighbors, how's the weather? My son lives near Portland, OR, and he said they got ~18", heaviest snow since 1972. The tv weatherman said some schools were closed last week in northern AZ. What are you seeing outside? Just lots of rain in Phx. Rained for 3 days straight, quite unusual down here.

I heard we got 6 inches of snow last week that stuck. We'll be going up again in the next week or two and report back if no one already has.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOUR HILLS RANCH NEIGHBORS!!!

From
Nick, Jackie and Madeline Martin

Hubby and I will be at the ranch next week. Any word on what the roads look like??

My husband went up there for the new year and he said the roads were muddy but okay. Probably not good for car travel though. Have fun!

Re: Weather----Roads Winter 2009

Darleen,

Road report for January 21, 2009

Not sure where your property is but the arterial roads have scattered stretches of deep ruts.

So slow driving is a must to avoid damage under your vehicle - this applies to trucks too.

HMR has some extremely rutted stretches too.

Not sure about the Espee Rd. entrance.

But the 4HR roads coming in from Espee have some nasty stretches.

There's a huge washed out hole on the east side of High Butte.

The road committee is trying to replace the reflectors we put in the first time it washed out.

Weather reports says we may get rain tomorrow (Thursday). We hope not.

Be careful!

Sherrian

We are North of West Bright sky Trail/Fire Sky Trail on lot 930. Thanks for the information, it will be helpful determining if we are going to try to make it out. We have a truck, but no 4WD....yet!!

Saturday - January 24, 2009

This thread is for 2008.

I started a new thread titled: 2009 Road Reports

Sherrian