Return to Website

Four Hills Ranch Forum

Where the stars shine like diamonds in the sky!

A meeting place for neighbors. 
Feel free to post a message or start a new topic!

Choose your own format (board style or threaded style) for viewing this forum...

Four Hills Ranch Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Serious Burglary At 4 Hills

Serious burglary at 4 Hills.

Despite all attempts at vigilance, our neighbors to the north have been burglarized—in no small way.

I was given the OK to check on these owners’ property from time to time and drove down today only to discover that one of the doors to their 5th wheel RV had been peeled back from the bottom. It doesn’t look like they got in, though. Their solar shed had its lock pried off leaving the inverter exposed to the elements. They also have two Quonset-style utility sheds. Both had their locks removed somehow (no sign of the locks). After speaking with the owners and comparing with my observations, it was determined that the most serious theft was a trailer with two ATVs on it. D-A-M-N-!!

Additional items believed to have been taken are an air compressor, a black water tank, and (possibly) a clothes dryer. There may be other items that were taken, but the owners will have to inspect the premises to be sure.

This is deeply disappointing and makes me furious that this occurred a mere half-mile of our home. The dogs always start barking when a vehicle approaches even miles from our home and I make every attempt to follow unfamiliar vehicles passing by our home these past few months. I suspect the perps might have entered our neighbors’ from ******* Pear (the back way in) without our having seen them.

As for myself, I am taking this to the next level. All unfamiliar vehicles that come onto or pass by our property will be challenged by me and my Russian friend. I will be calling the Sheriff on any vehicle that does not seem to belong or if I’m offered an explanation that twitches the needle on my b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t meter even slightly.

Anyone who has a problem with guests or potential buyers coming into 4 Hills being confronted . . . well, too bad. You better be darn sure they have your name and lot number on the tip of their tongue or they WILL get hassled.

“I have come to chew bubble gum and to kick a-s-s . . . and I’m ALL out of bubble gum!”—They Live

Re: Serious Burglary At 4 Hills

UPDATE: the Biddles arrived this morning from Tucson to assess the damage and inventory the stolen items. They were accompanied by yours truly and the Sheriff’s deputy. More pictures were taken of the interior of the 5th wheel trailer. The trailer WAS broken into and ransacked. Access to the trailer seems to have been made through one of the small side windows. I highly doubt that an adult male could have squeezed into this window, suggesting that a youth may have been involved.

Additional items determined to have been stolen include;
(2) generators
(1) Drill press
(1) clothes dryer (confirmed)
(1) gas weed wacker
(1) black poly water tank ~400 gallons
(1) water pump

The Biddels also believe that the title paperwork to their dune buggy may have been taken from their 5th wheel. This may suggest that a return by the burglars to take the dune buggy may be attempted.

The two ATV quads stolen are on a trailer and described as Suzukis. One yellow, one red.

This situation seems to be a tremendous wake-up call for the owners at 4 Hills. We have had burglaries, pottery pilferers, trespassers, and suspected poachers plaguing the area lately.

Certain people are wringing their hands over folks who may be in violation of CC & R’s which they conclude is negatively impact their property values. I say GET REAL.

A few folks with out-of-date mobile homes and abandoned trailers and whatnot do not impact your property values. Maybe in a subdivision—not here. [That’s like taking a leak into the ocean and thinking you caused the tide to rise.] The popping of the real estate bubble and the global economic downturn is what’s driving prices down--everywhere.

So what are we going to do about the immediate and very real problem of criminal activity here at 4 Hills? Just like the ranchers and their cows having free reign to come and go, (according to the Sheriff’s Deputy) we also may not have a leg to stand on when hunters enter our community to hunt on state land. So we need solutions—now. I suggest we give serious thought to gating the main entrances with pass codes for owners and those who require periodic access as well as building berms or moats along the main gates.

I’d also suggest that we consider giving out the 4 Hills front license tags (that AZ Lands & Ranches used to give new owners) to all owners to aid in rapid identification of a legitimate property owner.

The glib answer of “just fence your property” is not a viable solution for all owners. We need to take back our community, assert our property rights, and keep these miscreants out.

All,
Back when we bought our property, we were given a window sticker with "Four Hills", which would help id those who were owners. Suggest we implement something like this to help screen out possible vandals. Of course there are those who are legitimate visitors, but how many are there really?? I say stop 'em and ask what they are doing.. these are private roads and we are the owners of the roads.

Why can't we have solar gates installed???