boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS CLOSED
Please now go the the facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1119638451491774/
Views: 152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2018 4:04pm
by Philip (Boatshar...
Long term narrowboat needed
I am looking to rent a boat for 12 months in York. I have a permanent mooring licence available so only require a comfortable boat for 1 female who does not smoke or own pets. Ideally with a bathroom and electricity. Thanks
Views: 154   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2018 11:13am
by Cindy
Nanni N4.38 Engines
Shortly before they went belly up Ownerships fitted one of the above engines to our boat Solace late in 2009. As part of the conversion they piggy backed an additional skin tank on top of the original which we understand to have been a standard modification. We kno...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2017 12:32pm
by Rodney Thomas
Cambridge waterways - boat share
I would be interested in joining or starting a boat share syndicate, based on the Cambridge Waterways. Please contact me if you are interested.
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2017 6:24pm
by David
Quarter share in New syndicate?
Hi We currently own a 1/12 share in a Narrowboat new in 2011 and owned another share prior to this. As retirement approaches we are thinking about buying a quarter share in a new/ nearly new 6 berth Narrowboat, either as part of a new syndicate, or by buying into an...
Views: 340   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2017 3:42pm
by Chris and Sally ...
Boatshare on the Norfolk Broads
We currently have Standard share for sale on the Ranworth Breeze Boat Syndicate. There are 20 owners in the boat syndicate each having a 5% share that gives two weeks allocation each year. Ranworth Breeze is a 2001 Birchwood 340AC that is moored at the Tingdene Ma...
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2017 10:23am
by Alan Hood
Sue
Narrowboat sharing
Hello and thank you to anyone who is taking the time to read my post......we are in the process of serious consideration of a boat share for 2017......looking around it appears not may boats are available on the Grand. Union Canal which is where we would prefer to st...
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 19, 2016 12:00pm
by Sue
National Boat Share Show 2016
For the first time, self-managed shared ownership narrowboats will be participating in this year's National Boat Share Show at Braunston on 23rd & 24th April. The first one to be booked in to attend is Tess as reported here. Full details of how to bring your bo...
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2016 11:40am
by Andrew Cooley
Great FORUM for Boat Sharing is ExOs
lots of info and experience can be tapped into if you join the forum at: http://www.exownerships.co.uk/forum/index.php
Views: 549   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2016 11:27pm
by Andrew Cooley
New Narrowboat Group
Our Narrowboat syndicate is coming to an end this year after over 20 successful years. We are interested in forming a new small group of 2/3 owners to purchase a new/nearly new narrowboat as soon as possible. If you are interested and have funds available pleas...
Views: 419   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 21, 2015 10:17pm
by Andrew Cooley
Just placed another advert on this great website, more than happy to let it run for the full year.
Just placed another advert on this great website, more than happy to let it run for the full year. From our syndicates situation Philips website is ideal, it not only helps sell any shares we have for sale it makes our name known from the use of our advertising ba...
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2015 8:58am
by Alan Hood
Tall Order for Canal du Midi in France (PROJECT 2013/2014)?
I am interested to investigate the interest and indeed find out if there are any tall folk from the canal world that might be interested in buying into a 1/6th share (dog allowed with a Dyson), to buy a second hand Wide Beam boat or Dutch Barge or Tjalk for the Fren...
Views: 496   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 28, 2015 10:40pm
by Roger Dowen
Use or Share of boat
I'm not an experienced narrow boater but I know I like it and I know I want to do more. I would like to find out more about boat sharing - maybe visit some shared boats and meet the owners and get an idea of what's available. Any ideas welcome. I guess location is fa...
Views: 491   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2015 10:15pm
by Roger Dowen
Permanent moorings
We are a lovely marina with 1st class facilities at very competative rates luxurious wet rooms laundry small chandelry
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2015 11:06am
by Heather Worswick
Wish everyone a good start to the seasons boating
Hello everyone I would like to wish you all a good start to this years season of boating, be it on the Canals or the Rivers and Broads. We have just got back from Norfolk after spending 4 days getting our syndicate boat Ranworth Breeze ready for the new season....
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2015 10:09am
by Alan Hood
Cruiser share for sale in South West on Canals / River
Hi We are unfortunately having to find a 3rd owner for our much loved cruiser. Its a modern 32ft twin engine cruiser with bowthruster moored on the Gloucestershire canal. It also goes out to sea and up on to river system at Tewkesbury/Upton etc. If you know of...
Views: 344   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2015 7:55pm
by James Hadley
Happy to advertise with you again
Hello Philip, Thank you for allowing us to place the following advert for a share on our boat Ranworth Breeze. Regards Alan Alan Hood Chairman Ranworth Breeze Boat Syndicate
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2015 3:02pm
by Alan Hood
Marina/Boatyard Woes
We have had our share in our boat for two years and have loved every minute of the weeks we have spent aboard. However we seem to have had some bad luck with the quality of the maintenance done on the boat and we are concerned to find a new home for the boat where we...
Views: 443   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2014 1:31pm
by Tim Heaps
8 berth boat share
Is there anyone else out there who is looking for an 8 berth boat share in a 65 - 70 foot boat? They seem to be really rare so I thought maybe I would post a message to see if there are others with large families / children that need more accommodation than the majo...
Views: 469   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2014 12:27pm
by Veronica Yeates
Happy to advertise with you again
Hello Philip, I will be contacting you to place the following advert for a share on our boat Ranworth Breeze. Regards Alan Alan Hood Chairman Ranworth Breeze Boat Syndicate
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2014 2:04pm
by Alan Hood
Deb
New Dutch barge syndicate for 2014
Interested in a 5th share of a 20metre dutch barge? Barge cost around Euro125,000 so envisage each share worth Euro25,000 each. Two shares pre sold. Plan to winter barge in France or UK each year. Look forward to hearing from you :)
Views: 385   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2013 3:35am
by Deb
Narrowboat share wanted
John and Kathryn are looking for a share in a trad narrowboat but only require late autumn winter and very early spring use. Anyone out there?
Views: 396   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 8, 2013 10:20pm
by John Kirkwood
Rent to buy or long term rent
I am looking for a narrowboat to rent either long term or rent to buy. I am based on Peak Forest/Macclesfield canal and require a minimum of 5 berth (e.g. Double and 3 single) We are experienced and would maintain and look after very well. Please contact me on 07980...
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2013 12:30pm
by Nicola Parsons
an easy way to open stubborn locks - a geared windlass
Have you had problems opening lock gates? Well here is a solution - a geared windlass, this takes all the effort out of opening locks. If you are interested contact us to order an EASYLASS.
Views: 1228   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 26, 2013 6:00pm
by Alan Furber
Ranworth Breeze first trip of the season
Although we were not onboard over the Easter weekend our owner (aboad Ranworth Breeze) moored at the Oulton Broad Yacht Station during the NBF spring meeting. Bye all accounts the weather could have been kinder to all the forum members that attended the meet, I w...
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2013 10:47am
by Alan Hood
Sue
50% share
I'm looking for a 50/50 boat share........can't find any site with like minded people......any ideas?
Views: 572   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 9, 2013 9:27pm
by Alistair
Almost the start of a new season
Hello, Almost March and the start of a new season of boating, lets hope for a better year with regards to the weather. Last year was not a great year for boating, most hire companies on the Norfolk Broads were offering discounts and although some boatshares were s...
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2013 1:16pm
by Alan Hood
16th share for sale
42 ft semi trad Narrowboat for sale - 2 weeks in high season and about the same in the winter months but more if boat available. I have to sell due to financial reasons but still have an eighth share investment. Privately managed share scheme. Boat built in 2001...
Views: 480   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 7:25pm
by Rachel
Tall Ship for the UK (PROJECT 2013/2014)?
I am interested to investigate the interest and indeed find out if there are any tall folk from the canal world that might be interested in buying into a 1/6th share (dog allowed with a Dyson) to order a new or buy a second hand Narrow boat with headroom from 6´...
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 10:10pm
by Dave
dutch barge share in europe
hi we are looking to purchase a share in a dutch barge based in europe.can anyone help?.we have tried yours to share/boatshare.co.uk/appolloduck.there seems to be plenty of narrowboat shares in uk but none for france/europe.
Views: 400   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2013 10:22pm
by Maxheadroom
Phillips TV stand
Hi, please is there anyone who might have a TV stand for a Phillips 26" (26PF5520D)LCD TV? I live in Ruislip. Replies to Ruislip on line please.
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 10:35am
by jeannette
Thank you Philip
Hello Philip, Thank you for modifying our two adverts to include the 2014 allocation dates, that were drawn at the Ranworth Breeze AGM at Wroxham in November 2012. The Management fees have again been reduced this year and are currently at £500 per year per...
Views: 331   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2013 1:46pm
by Alan Hood
Boat share for sale
Hello, I have just contacted Philip to advertise another share we have for sale on our Birchwood 340AC (34 foot) Luxury Broads Cruiser based at Brundall. The share you will see listed soon is on sale at £4200.00 the weeks are as follows:- 2012 dates;...
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2012 10:02am
by Alan Hood
Your message about a share wanted
Philip, Your message of today on the ex-Ownerships web site. I may be able to help with a share in n.b.'Soudley'. Please contact either by e-mail or by phone on 01672 810762. Rod.
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2012 3:11pm
by Rod Hartley
Like minded people wanted for boat share
Looking for up to 6 like minded people to put in up to £15,000 for part ownership of a new or recent 57" (4+2) Semi Trad. For cruising for up to 8 weeks each per year, reply to Tony on 07789312666 or kathyandtony@live.co.uk
Views: 477   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 1, 2012 2:54pm
by Alan Hood
Interest in boat share for sale on Ranworth Breeze
I would like to thank Philip for all his help in setting up our advertisement for the shares we have for sale on our Birchwood 340 "Ranworth Breeze". We have eight enquiries since we placed the the add. The shares are still for sale for more details please see the...
Views: 394   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2012 2:41pm
by Alan Hood
NB 'Serenade' formerly of 'Ownerships'
Where is 'Serenade' formerly of 'Ownerships' share scheme - did she go private ?. We have many lovely memories of her, yet never have we come across any mention since the scheme failed.
Views: 720   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 22, 2012 9:43am
by Nigel Fall
Boat share for sale listed on this site
Hello, We currently have a share available for sale on the Ranworth Breeze boat Syndicate. There are 20 owners in the boat syndicate each having a 5% share that gives two weeks allocation each year. Ranworth Breeze is a 2001 Birchwood 340AC that is moored at th...
Views: 517   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 21, 2012 9:57am
by Alan Hood
Ranworth Breeze & Southern Crusader
Hello, You may be aware that Ranworth Breeze & Southern Crusader are now self managed. The two Birchwood 340AC's are currently being operated on the Southern Norfolk Boards and based at Brundall by each of the Owners Syndicate Committee's. If you require any fur...
Views: 389   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2012 9:18am
by Alan Hood
Looking for boat share
My partner and I looking for a 1/12th share (3weeks). Ideally between 40-50ft and reasonably new, as there's only us. Dog friendly is a must, and ideally self managed.
Views: 563   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 10:42pm
by J tann
Boat shares wanted
We ( 2 couples) are looking for cruiser style canal boat, min 2+2 accommodation, new or reasonably modern, where we can have a share of about 12% each couple. Ideally looking for syndicate that like moving boat around rather than have to return to same place each time.
Views: 434   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 10:58am
by Janet westcott
Ed Rimmer
Seems he has been arrested, along with his brother.....
Views: 1272   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 16, 2011 5:04pm
by colin
Sharing Sail Boat
Hi,we're owner of the sail boat (beneteau- oceanis 36 feet), we sharing our boat in south mediterranean sea (from eolie island to Amalfi coast). We are a small family with one boy (8 years old) and we serch a family similar us with or without child. the period is fr...
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2011 1:02pm
by Ciro Miele
breakdown cover
This is a question to all the boat share personeel who are privatley managed do any of those invidduals like to have breakdown assistance with parts replacement included if so could you contact River Canal Rescue Ltd on 01785 785680 and ask for Paul I am more than ha...
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2011 3:05pm
by Paul Johnson
Inverter fire - ex o/s boat
Recently ex o/s boat Grosvenor experienced a fire in the inverter. Fortunately this occurred in the evening with the boat moored up, and the owner aboard, and as a result damage was limited to replacement of the inverter. The owner was alerted to the fire, by the s...
Views: 447   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 12, 2011 6:35pm
by Kate
share sale
Want to buy a really resonable priced share then look at my ad in the sell your share tab. Narrowboat Cheddington
Views: 577   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2011 4:44pm
by Bill
Boat Management companies
Hi I have a share in ex Ownerships syndicate boat Cookley. We are currently self managed but at our last owners meeting I have been tasked with looking into whether it is worth going the managed route. There seemes to be only a handful of companies in the mark...
Views: 677   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 26, 2010 12:17am
by Andrew Cooley
Sunseeker Portofino 48 Boat share
Sunseeker Malta are looking for a client interested in becoming part owners in a new Portofino 48 to keep in the fantastic cruising grounds of Malta. Please contact for more details.
Views: 414   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 19, 2010 1:28pm
by Daniel Ashforth
Boat share questions
Hi guys, I am doing a marketing assignment for a boat-sharing website, I wondered if any of you would be able to answer these questions about boat-sharing seeing as you are the pros!! I would appreciate it so much. The questions are as follows: 1. I understa...
Views: 469   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2010 4:58pm
by Cassia Aldred
Boat Share
I have bought a share, so I no longer need one.
Views: 445   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 2:21pm
by Grayham
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet