boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Use or Share of boat

I'm not an experienced narrow boater but I know I like it and I know I want to do more. I would like to find out more about boat sharing - maybe visit some shared boats and meet the owners and get an idea of what's available. Any ideas welcome. I guess location is fairly important. I live close-ish to the Kennet and Avon, Oxford and Basingstoke Canals but would be happy to consider options further afield, especially Stratford/Warwickshire area.

Re: Use or Share of boat

Hi Janet,
In reply to your message on boatshare, I own a share in a narrowboat based just north of Oxford, the owners that are selling the shares are wendydavid41@talktalk.net they insist that they give every new share owner a training course so you are capable of handling the boat, and, they will rent you the boat for a week at £500 and if you buy a share they deduct the £500 off the share price. I thought this might suit you. However, I do not know your circumstances, if you are a single lady on your own you should be looking to join a group NOT a share.
Hope this is helpful.
Keith

Re: Use or Share of boat

Hello Janet,
Are you still searching for a boat share?
I am considering this scenario and would like to discuss with someone
who is likewise interested!--The area's you mention are ideal for me,.
Regards, Roger.