boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
share in narrowboat
BRAND NEW 57FT CRUSIER NARROWBOAT DUE TO BE COMMISIONED THIS YEAR 2008 ANY TAKERS THE SHARES ARE 1/12TH AT £5500 PLUS YEARLY RUNNING COST GET IN TOUCH SHE'S GOING TO BE A LUXURY BOAT WITH HIGH TECH AND MODERN FITTINGS WASHER/DRYER DISHWASHER 3.5KW GENE...
Views: 1149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 2, 2007 6:00pm
by Graham Cunliife
Carefree Cruising
I am considering buying a share on a new build with Carefree Cruising.For all of you experienced owners out there, could you please offer some advice as to the wisdom of my decision.Do you think the boats are good value? Are there other companies offering the same or...
Views: 1047   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 12:44pm
by Paul
Carefree Cruising - Licencing
Hi Following BW's changes to licencing conditions, I am trying to establish how boats managed under various schemes are being licenced and any problems owners or companies have experienced with licencing. If you own a part share in a "Carefree Cruising" boat I...
Views: 1142   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 24, 2007 6:44pm
by Allan(nb Albert)
OwnerShips board
Anyone know what has happened to the OwnerShips' message board???
Views: 1239   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 10, 2007 8:57am
by Deborah
Activex
I mentioned on OS site that some of this site wouldn't work it was because it would not allow me t install activex. I needed to install javascript yesterday and lo and behold this site now works for me. I hates computers!!
Views: 840   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2007 6:49am
by Carol
RED DIESEL - LETTERS TO HMRC
ALL OWNERS TO ACTION _ IWA Call Members to Action on Red Diesel Consultation Issue Date: 4 September 2007 The Inland Waterways Association (IWA) today called on all of its members to respond in writing to the recent HM Revenue consultation on red dies...
Views: 764   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2007 7:35am
by Charles
Narrowboat world
I have just looked at one of my favorite News sites Narrowboat World only to learn it is off air until 20th September even more withdrawal symptoms.
Views: 847   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2007 6:19pm
by Linda
Withdrawal symptoms?
http://www.blog.co.uk/user/jakepithf Here is an interesting Blog of a couples trips around the waterways with great pictures and narative. Just right if you can't be their yourself
Views: 766   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2007 5:40pm
by Linda
Engines : Newbie
Hi, i have been interested in boats for ages and now I think I have saved enough to potter about our local coast in Fife.. I have been looking at adverts/specs for weeks and have noticed that the same boat can have seemingly massive variations in engine "horse po...
Views: 478   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 10:54pm
by Howard Anguish
Canals in Ireland
Anybody out there interested in the Irish canals? Just have heard relatively reliably that the Royal Canal will be completely restored by (early) 2008. This would mean that using a bit on the Shannon one could do an Ireland ring incorporating Dublin - if one has a ca...
Views: 454   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 4, 2007 10:52pm
by Michael Slevin
"A (shared) Boat of Our Own"
Just a note to make readers of this board aware of a two part article, in Canals and Rivers Magazine, written by someone who decided to go down the shared ownership path, did their (impressive) homework, and then bought a share. The second (more detailed) episode...
Views: 881   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 1:47pm
by Philip (boatshar...
Message board on the move
Please note this message board is on the move! The page linked above is the one to use in future.
Views: 641   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 5:17pm
by Philip
Font size
Having followed Philip's instructions, I have now got a brand-new icon on my desktop and easy access to ready-sorted messages on the BoatShare board. All I need now is a magnifying glass!! Is there any way to change the font size. Clicking on View/Font size sugg...
Views: 565   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 21, 2006 8:25pm
by Allan (nb Albert...
Help wanted
As a share boat member my user weeks don't always coincide with a particular need. I am looking for any boater who may be in the SEEND/SELLS GREEN/DEVIZES area of the K&A on SAT. 30TH JUNE Reason is that we are host 2 youngsters from Chernobyl and I would dear...
Views: 645   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 10:06am
by Mike Bonathan
Unmentionable
I see from the exhibitors list for Crick that they will not be there this year i wonder what has happened Colin
Views: 773   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 7:25pm
by John
Excellent Service
We thought you would be interested to know about the fantastic service we have just received from www.boatshare.co.uk regarding our 12V Roadstar TV which uncharacteristically broke down. Having returned the set to Philip at Boatshare on Saturday, we were astoun...
Views: 590   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2007 8:58am
by Marilyn and Pete...
BW ditches licence consultation policy!
On 1st January 2007 British Waterways introduced 5 new licencing terms and conditions. Whilst it has never published these terms and conditions on its website they are broadly in line with its 5 guidelines which in turn it claims give guideance on its final conclusi...
Views: 740   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 7:01am
by Allan(nb Albert)
New forum for Canal Lovers
Please visit our forum; it is a BRAND NEW forum for, canal/water and boat lovers. Set up for individuals, clubs and groups, many who don’t have a forum to interact. It has a section for everyone, from chat, photos, to letting users/groups advertise their even...
Views: 579   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 11:11pm
by johnny b
Google Search
I popped "ownerships" in to Google the other day - sure enough they were there at number one (and two) - but I was there at number three!!! I wonder..........
Views: 458   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2007 9:16am
by Philip (boatshar...
Have they stopped building boats?
Does anyone know if a certain shared ownership company that must not be mentioned by name have stopped building narrow boats?
Views: 575   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 2, 2007 9:35pm
by Keir
SIBUG/NABO Pressrelease
NABO welcomes boat share owners The user group set up for private shared ownership community, SIBUG, has recently disbanded through not being big enough to support itself and transferred it assets to the National Association of Boat Owners. NABO is pleased to be c...
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2007 1:39pm
by Stuart Sampson
Issues to raise at the NABO council meeting (XP from Ownerhips board)
This is a follow up call for agenda items which you may like me to raise on your behalf at the NABO council meeting at the beginning of February. As you may know, the now defunct SIBUG has transferred its funds to NABO and I think the mechanics of membership trans...
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 11:29pm
by Howard Anguish
Canalworthy boats?
Having just spend two very nice weeks over Christmas + New Year travelling from Blisworth to Oxford and back I did notice on the Oxford Canal an impressive lot of boats where - despite the lack of (valid) licences displayed I wondered why and how long they would rema...
Views: 530   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 3:13pm
by Howard Anguish
NABO Council representation
(xp from Ownerships discussion board) At a recent NABO council meeting it was decided to co-opt a member to the council to represent some of the views of shared ownerships boaters. I suppose because I was at the AGM and expressed an interest in what was happening...
Views: 375   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 2, 2007 11:41am
by Howard Anguish
Another Goalpost Movement? (XP from OwnerShips Forum)
Has anyone seen this before? If so please email me direct. http://www.britishwaterways.co.uk/images/Definition_of_shared_ownership_for_BW_licensing%20purposes.pdf Regards Allan
Views: 507   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 24, 2006 7:08pm
by Allan(nb Albert)
Two for the price of one
As reported earlier I sold my share in Harlequin through this site. The deal was nearly done when I was contacted by another prospective purchaser. I referred him to one of my co-owners who was thinking about selling although I did not tell my mate where this new pro...
Views: 560   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2006 4:48pm
by Phil Dunsford
Granny Buttons
If you go to Granny Buttons (linked above) you will see a wonderful picture of an O/S customer offering a "traditional" greeting to the owner of the site AND on the "Hot Links" advert to the left a link to Heron Boatbuilders - methinks that one has gone a little c...
Views: 682   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2006 12:49pm
by Philip
Polish boats
I belive the Aqualine boats are built in Poland. Has anybody any detailed knowledge about them or better still experience with boats built in Poland (or elsewhere)? Would much like to hear/read about advantages (finacial mainly I suppose, but how much in £ or...
Views: 493   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 16, 2006 4:21pm
by Chris
Well done
Well done on the website - a really good service. I will be adding you to the JustCanals.com links section as soon as the updated design is online.. so probably in a couple of weeks. Would you be interested in banner swapping? We recently sold our share throug...
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2006 7:21pm
by Sam Lashbrooke
I sold my share
We had a one-fifth share in an Ownerships boat. I am now looking for an Ownerships one-twelfth share as that is all the time we can spare and after three boats in the scheme I am very satisfied with Ownerships. However, it is a fact that this site sold the share and...
Views: 491   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 10:32pm
by Phil Dunsford
Beale Park - National Rally
So is anyone going? I went last time it was there and apart from the queues to get the car to the car park thought it was an excellent site. I plan to go for a day - the one with the best weather
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 9:41pm
by Andy Wright
New message board (actually posted by philip with permission)
Philip it seems that the web using boat sharing world is very much centered around OS. See the disaster with SIBUG which also indicates that the number of users of the website is probably rather small. And for me looking up both boards and fin...
Views: 533   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 9:37pm
by Andy Wright
New Message Board
I regret the passing of the previous excellent and (too) easy to use message board. This one has added security and thus should reduce the amount of SPAM messages that get posted. It has to be said that the old board had gone very quiet, maybe as a result of the j...
Views: 462   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 4:57pm
by John
Computer help
Can anyone advise me how to get past the problem of using the back button on ownerships site when used I have to refresh the page as it comes up page unavailable but on this site by the same provider the back button works ok I posted the same question some time back...
Views: 369   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 16, 2006 2:12pm
by John Slee
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet