boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Unmentionable

I see from the exhibitors list for Crick that they will not be there this year i wonder what has happened
Colin

Re: Unmentionable

Unmentionable has a long established shared ownership business and a newer hire business.

I was told a few years back by some unmentionable owners that this companies "solution" to the problem of large numbers of owners wanting to sell shares was to transfer owners between boats to get to a position whereby boats could be sold off and that these boats then became Unmentionable hire boats.

More recently I was told, again by some of unmentionables owners, that where unsold shares existed on a boat or difficulties were being experienced in selling shares that shared ownership boats were being used to suplement the hire fleet (i.e. they were being used as hire boats).

The rumour that unmentionable has stopped building boats for the shared ownership market may well be true. However, a "no show" at Crick may simply indicate that they are happy that they can generate business via open days at Market Drayton.

Unmentionable's website shows Invincible was launched in January this year and another boat having 6 shares already sold will be launched in August.

Has anyone seen Invincible?

Has anyone got a share in it?

Allan

Re: Re: Unmentionable

Just re-discovered this thread. Thought I would mention that Unmentionables were at Crick after all. Not with a boat, but on a stand tucked away in one of the marquees.