boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OwnerShips board

Anyone know what has happened to the OwnerShips' message board???

Re: OwnerShips board

Hi Philip

My guess is that it is simply an invoicicing problem and Bravenet has failed to collect a payment (probably due to a card having expired). The account will remain suspended until payment is collected.

However, that is just guess.......

Regards

Allan

Re: Re: OwnerShips board

Interesting thought and could well be correct - only I am about to "forget" to pay for this one and as I have, I assume, the same account as OwnerShips (same board provider) the only thing that will happen here is that the adverts will come back - or so I am advised.

Re: Re: Re: OwnerShips board

......but I have just paid to keep it advert free for another year ;-)

Re: Re: Re: OwnerShips board

I think OwnerShips use the Pro service (includes, no adverts, unlimited message length and large storage space)and Boatshare use the Basic service (advert free).

I can understand the Basic service reverting to free if payment is not made but suspect the Pro service simply suspends.

Allen Mathews was emailed yesterday tell him of the problem (but I suspect he already knows). No doubt the board will be restored in the next few days.

In the meantime I am sure the traffic on this board will increase.

Regards

Allan

Re: Re: Re: Re: OwnerShips board

Further to my posts, I can confirm the reason that the OwnerShips forum has been suspended is that yearly subscription expired on 29/8/2007 but an automated renewal was not in place. This has been rectified and Bravenet requested to unlock the account.

Regards

Allan

Deborah asked who was maintaining the website. Do you think she knew?

O/S forum is now back up and running.

Regards Allan

Transcribed from the OwnerShips discussion forum:-

A definite "Oops" here!

And many thanks are owed to Allan Richards (OwnerShips) - alias Allan(not Allen) - for "re-setting the Bravenet switch" in my temporary absence - actually in blissful ignorance whilst floating through Weedon on the GU - you know, that euphorically peaceful stretch that forms the divide between the M1, the A5, and the main railway route to the North West.......... loved it really!!

Apologies to all.

Hi Andy

No, I didn't remember the date of forum renewal until the forum disappeared. Only then did a little bulb light in my head !

My comments on OS website were merely to highlight some website errors. Allen Matthews informed me several weeks ago that OS hasn't been able to find an office they can afford in Stockport that fits their criteria and therefore Phil doesn't have an assistant until they find space. So I thought posting a message on the forum was the quickest way to get issues highlighted. On reflection......

Happy Boating to all !

Deborah