General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Re: VDW

SP,

Only just seem the post asking what forum I use. My main forum is a by invitation only forum. It is a forum that tries to give VDW selections before the race, and more importantly give reasons/explanations for coming to those conclusions based on the VDW examples and text. In saying that there are a couple of members who are not really VDW orientated, but use the basics as suggested by VDW. The most important being the use of an ability rating of some sort, not necessarily the one most VDW fans use.

The most well know VDW forum I know of is the one on the "Toothless" one's web site. While there are many intersting "old" postings to be read, IMO it isn't up to the old standard now. To many trying to turn it into a system, or looking for the easy answers, there aren't any.

Monster,

Can I ask what happened? A couple of postings on TRF, and then you are reduced to being a guest. The suggestion being made is you are an old member now using a different user name. Is this correct? I have spent a few hours trying to work out who you are, can I ask have we meet on other forums like the one mentioned above?

Be Lucky

Mtoto
As far as I was aware the Gummy Forum was terminated???
SP

Hi Mtoto

I have not got a clue what has happened on RF and I have emailed David to find out. I have not been a member before, so hopefuly its server glitch etc. The first I knew was when I tried to post a new message and was asked to log on without success.

We have never been on the same Forum before this one and RF, but I was on a Forum with your son Danny (Stone).

Good Luck

Monster

SP,

That forum was never actually terminated. Two unrelated events occurred at roughly the same time, many members left because of the continual abuse. At the same time members were expected to pay and new members had to pay to join. Paying has now been scrapped and all you have to do is register. Although I think there is the requirement for an introductory posting.

Monster,

Good to see you have got it sorted out. They need folk to post good sensible postings. I especially liked your last one.

Be Lucky

Mtoto
Thanks for the reply.
Not much doing for me in the horse racing circle so will chat to all around May
sp

Hi Mtoto

You asked me to let you know when I started posting my class ratings for the Turf Sesaon. Things are starting to settle down now that a couple of months have passed. My first post on the Flatstats Betting forum was this week. The google doc link will take you to my full ratings sheet. (The one posted on the Flatstats site did not have the inform Speed ratings, because of copyright) The Class ratings were posted the night before racing and although it finished odds on it was available at a better price. One member confirmed that he got 11/8.

For those who follow the traditional VDW methods The top rated also had the highest ability rating and was dropping in class according to prize money and had achieved the highest Speed ratings LTO in the highest class etc.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3s9QcfHzuSUgTIrBC78wBw

Good Luck

Monster

Re: Re: VDW

hi monster,
just seen your spread sheet may i ask what the inform column means and how did you come to that figure, and the ratings and adjustable rating

Re: Re: VDW

hi monster,
just seen your spreadsheet, may i ask what the inform column means and the ratings and adjustable ratings and how did you get to thee figures

1 2 3 4 5