General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Re: VDW

Hi
Sorry I have been busy so only just seen your posts. very good results. keep up the good work. sp

Hi Spranger

Record for the Class Ratings is now 10/13 (Posted in advance to another forum) Obviously only part of the selection platform but going in the right direction at 77% strike rate. Since applying the filter that the adjusted class rating should be equal or greater than the actual race class, the results have been 5/5

Full Record at the google link below.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3s9QcfHzuSXG_M8fjScfAA

Good Luck

Monster

HI Monster
Depending on your prices, 10 from 13 would be just as acceptable as 5 from 5.
If you have time can you look at the sporting life site and see how many of them had SP,s that fell before the off. Also it might be worth noting the last 3 racing post comments prior to the race in which it ran. For example ~Held up, progress 2 furlongs out. or -- led all drew clear ect. That kind of comment always helps me decide if im to have a bet or not. Must Dash.
sp

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=px0a5Aj2lh0dKt2RoVnbxCA

tester

Hi Spranger

I keep a data base of all the race comments, alongside the Class Rating achieved by each runner. I also like to see the replays of the race that the rating was achieved.

The top rated Class Ratings only highlights the class of the competion that the horse is competing against.

As an example Wicked Daze was well clear of the second rated. If you look at the class of race that he achieved his HC rating you will notice that it is higher than the Race Class Figure of 76.5 and Wicked Daze appears to be dropping in class and his adjusted rating is also up to the Race Class.

Now if you do the same for the rest of the runners, they all appear to be going up in class.

The unknown factors were if WD could perform over the unknown distance of 2miles. The CMP (CMP = Conduit Mare Profile) was 11 speed and 16 Stamina and another source held the opinion that the horse should get the distance based on breeding analysis.

Check on the Trainer/Jockey combo, 2miles at Lingfield in hancdicaps 2/4 Both the winners were stepped up to 2miles for the first time. WD was top on two sets of speed ratings. (Inform being one of the sets)

The Pace Figures from his last race were also promising (See Google Doc LINK)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... U90oovpoBw

With the changing Sponsorship of races, I thought it was time to develop my own unique class ratings as part of the platform.

Good Luck

Monster

Hi Monster your link http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... U90oovpoBw
does not seem to work.
sp

Hey Monster, on your spreadsheet links, can you explain what's what a bit in detail please and also I can only get sheet 1 up, sheet 2 and 3 show nothing. Thanks.

HI Spranger

Try
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3s9QcfHzuSUeU90oovpoBw

Good Luck

Monster

Hi Joe

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3s9QcfHzuSXG_M8fjScfAA
is the full record, try again.

Good Luck

Monster

Hi Monster
Thanks for the data.
sp

HI Joe

I have uploaded a copy of the Wicked Daze example and have explained how to best use the Class Rating. I also check out the Inform Speed ratings as well as Pace, Trainer/Jockey Stats and if needed Breeding analysis. The Class ratings are only part of the platform.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3s9QcfHzuSX8PcxShkEUFA

Good Luck

Monster

Hi Monster
All your selections seem to be near the top of the handicap?
sp

Hi Spranger

The better class horses are often towards the Top of the handicap anyway, so I am not surprised at this. Bo McGinty is a good example and I had the following pre race discussion (See Below about this one being Top rated, especially as he was so far in front of the second rated.

" This is the first time since a maiden race that he has been able to comfortably get into a class 5 handicap. The Sectionals for C&D are also the fastest first 2 furlongs and overall finishing time too."

For good measure Inform Ratings also had Bo McGinty as the fastest course figure etc and Joint Top Master Rating

Good Luck

Monster

Sand Cat looks a VDW possible in the 3.30 Lingfield tomorrow.

Hi Goerge

Not a race that I will be getting involved in, too much conflict for me.

Sand Cat is 2nd Top by my Class Ratings and has not won since July 2005. (Watch out for the Jockey when he rides in 6f races and the horse is returning within 7days and Fav = 5/6)

According to my clas ratings, Lucayos is Top Rated, but performed badly on Sand LTO (Excuse?) Lucayos is now able to drop back to 0-85 Handicaps. Runs off 85 today

Last 3 races on the AW over 6f in 0-85 Handicaps

30/11/08 Official Handicap Mark = 85
16/03/07 Official Handicap Mark = 84
27/02/07 Official Handicap Mark = 79

His Class Ratings for this season in date order
HC Rating
I have used the rating from 2 races ago for todays adjusted rating. As you can see LTO was a big down turn and for this reason even though he is Top Rated, I will let this race pass.

Good Luck

Monster

Unlucky with Sand Cat George, did you go in each way?

Hi Monster
The trainers are looking more and more interesting to me since you highlighted their prominence in VDW.
By the way how are your private ratings doing.
This is my attempt today.
sp
won Blaeberry 4/7fav Ludlow 14:50
2nd 4 Nobody Tells Me (FR) evens F Taunton
won 1 Dhhamaan (IRE) 11-10 F Lingfield
5th 3/1 2nd fav 113-331 Tilapia (IRE) (ex6) 8
2nd 1 Ocean du Moulin (FR) 10-11 F
won 071214 Mendosino (GER) 7/2 jf

Hi Spranger

I have not found a Top Rated that did not have some sort of question mark to answer, i.e. wrong distance, poor lto effort, wrong track, Trainer Form etc, so I have swerved all week.

I'm glad you are doing well from the trainer angle. Sir Mark Pescott is worth taking the time to study his methods. Lok out for lightly raced 2yr olds when they start running at 3years old and are stepped up in distance.

Good Luck

Monster

hi mtoto
i dont know why people dont respond to this forum.
but for me its the first time i have come accross it i wrote to the fru last year aswell it was me that kicked it all of again but as you say soon died a death through people mocking vdw .
myself im still looking for improvments even though im always in profit after every season flat and jumps.
ive just come accross sad ken and his book in the ring was contenpalting buying it but changed my mind last minute, the speed figure is the one that i look at most i devised a little system many years ago before stumbling on the vdw again ( my father used to buy the update when i was a teenager back in the early 80s and read it every week) and now combine this system with vdw .

Hi Andy

It looks like Sad Ken has turned commercial tipster an now his name fronts a web site.

Usual stuff lots of big priced winners advertised from Top two rated and no ROI% etc.

Last winner advertised, Trouble At Bay (March 1st)Last 2 outings 10/14 beaten 28 lengths and 16/17 beaten 52 Lengths. I see he is taking notice of how they perform in the last couple of furlongs

Good Luck

Monster

1 2 3 4 5