General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
USING THE FIGURES

Its some time since I used SPEED FIGURES so I have a couple of questions concerning these figures.It used to be the case that if the LTO figure was achived more than 28 days ago it was deemed to be unreliable.Secondly concerning race distance, it used to be the case that races up to say 12 furlongs were concentrated on......over this the "false pace" of longer races became a problem.Do these ideas still hold true with THESE figures.

Re: USING THE FIGURES

Having had a good lookround the site for a couple of days I think I will try my old system that I used with TOPSPEED some time ago.Basically its TOPRATED MASTER RATING......LTO SAME RATING.......LTO MUST HAVE BEEN WITHIN 28 DAYS.........MAX. DISTANCE OF RACE 12 FURLONGS.........If anyone has tried this approach before please post as I have not "backtested" the idea against the results on the site and that looks like it might take some time.

Hi Dylan

Nice to see you here. You have to go through all the cards yourself to see if any concept will work as there is no backtesting facility here. Other than that it is all ad-hoc trial and error.

15/MAY........Had a quick look through todays cards/figures....system produces 7 runners today.All bar one seem to be at the "business end" of the betting market.........so we shall see what today brings.

VC......And the same to you.I see a few other familiar names/etc...."from another place" here aswell.Shame there is no "magic button" to instantly check the systems here.....back to the old pen and paper.

If it helps any, I have seen no edge in the number of days since LR using the data. In fact I totally ignore it, after extensive testing with now 5 months worth of data. I thought it should be better the more recent the run but I could not proove it that it was better. Any way good luck with your testing.

I hope Inform Racing does provide us backtesting in the near future as it will be very easy to test out ideas quickly and efficiently as we can in that 'OTHER PLACE'. It would be nice to hear from others who are also from that 'OTHER PLACE' to make themselves known,

VC.....The 28 DAY RULE only excluded one selection today so I will leave it in at present.7 selections on the first day is enough to cope with anyway.

15/MAY.......Not the best of starts......3rd 12/1, 3rd 11/4, 3rd 4/1, WON 4/5, L 2/1, L 9/2 and a N/R.But I can see a couple of obvious flaws in the methodology and will see if I can overcome them.Has nobody tried this method MASTER = LTO TOP RATED before on this site.???????????

NEW RULES.........Had a rethink of the rules and this more logical......TOPRATED MASTER RATING...........LTO SAME RATING..........ALL RUNNERS IN THE RACE MUST HAVE A RATING..........LTO MAXIMUM OF 28 DAYS..............This produced 2 selections yesterday (15/MAY).........3rd 12/1, 3rd 11/4............Today one selection.......2.40 B.......LUCAYOS.

Yesterdays result....L 9/4......so thats 0/3 so far.2 today.......8.40 B....RIQUEWIHR and 2.15 Y.....LEVERA.

YESTERDAYS RESULTS.....WON 10/11 and L 3/1.......so far thats 1/5 , loss of 3.09 points.Two selections today.......4.25 Y......TRANCE........4.35 S......BUZZIN'BOYZEE.

YESTERDAYS RESULTS.......L 14/1 + N/R......so far thats 1/6 , loss of 4.09 points.TODAY 4 selections.....2.35 N..SMILE FOR US......1.45 Y....FEELIN FOXY.....4.25 Y.....THE SNATCHER........5.00 Y.....DAYLAMI STAR.

YESTERDAYS RESULTS......L 17/2, L 25/1, 3rd 10/3 and N/R........so thats 1/9...loss of 7.09 POINTS.TODAY one selection..........4.50 T.......GREEN PARK.

YESTERDAYS RESULT......WON 10/1.....so far thats 2/10 +2.91 POINTS.TODAYS SELECTIONS........2.10 R...... MINNIE MAGICIAN + 5.15 R.... MACORVILLE

Hi Dylan, interesting angle and good that you are keeping up the postings. Green Park was a very good winner all round yesterday, well done.

Keith

YESTERDAYS RESULTS.......L 13/2 + WON 1/2....so far 3/12 .......+2.41 POINTS.TODAYS SELECTIONS.....2.30 B...CHENEY HILL......5.00 B.....INDIAN EDGE......4.10 R.......FORMAL DECREE......6.40 W....LORD CHARLES........8.10 W.......TERENTIA.

YESTERDAYS RESULTS........WON 15/8, WON 4/1, N/R, 2nd 11/1 and WON 15/8..........so far thats.......6/16 + 9.17 POINTS.TODAYS SELECTIONS.....6.50 Le....HILL SPIRIT......2.10 Li....BRIDGE IT JO......3.10 Li.....DINGAAN.......3.40 Li.....NIKKI BEA.....4.40 Li......CROON.

TODAYS RESULTS.......N/R, L 10/3, L 6/1, 2nd 7/1, WON 5/1...........R/T.......7/20 ......+11.17 POINTS.

Hi Dylan, good little system it seems so far and a nice enough profit. Based on sensible ideas it should prove a long term good thing, hopefully. Are you backing the selections or just paper trading?

Ian

IAN......Not backing yet....not enough data.When I have a bit of time I will backcheck the system from the PREVIOUS RESULTS on the site.But as we have discussed this is time consuming.Before I put proper money on system bets I like to have a minimum of 200 results to check.

1 2 3 4 5