General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Re: USING THE FIGURES

TODAYS SELECTIONS..........4.00 K...ERMINE SEA.......4.20 G.....INCIDENTALLY.

DYLAN

I admire your caution,every punter should proceed this way,200 results upwards.

TODAYS RESULTS.....2nd 11/8 and 2nd 7/4.........R/T........7/22......+ 9.17 POINTS.

Hi Dylan,

I'm sure you are pleased with the results you have thus far. I have checked your system as well as many others as far back as Jan 06 (as I have full data until then) and it seems to me that there is a big difference between Turf and AW and you have to differentiate with different price bands.

BTW the most successful (profitable) price bands for yours are:-

AW 15/2-17/2
Turf 17/2-11/1

All other prices you get the usual churning effect. BYW changing the rules as you did makes it worst than the original one.

However I don't trust the results fully as they are only for a partial season and only a few months. As you know 10 years is the ideal backtesting period.

VC....Thanks for the info..........saves me backtesting......I will carry on posting and see how we go.

TODAYS SELECTIONS......5.05 A.....MOODY TUNES.....2.10 G....LAYAZZAAL......3.15 G.....FINAL VERSE.......3.45 G......ILLUSTRIOUS BLUE.......4.20 G......SUMMER EVE........7.05 L......STORM ON THE RUN.

YESTERDAYS RESULTS......WON 5/4, WON 5/1, WON 1/2, L 7/4, WON EVENS, WON 2/5..........there was a 56/1 fivefold in there but the 155/1 sixfold failed..........R/T.........12/28.......+ 16.32 POINTS.

TODAYS SELECTIONS........3,15 G....MIND THE STYLE......3.50 G....SMART ENOUGH.......5.30 G........CASHEL MEAD.........2.30 H....DARUMA (E/W).......4.45...H......NAMID REPROBATE.......2.55 N.....MY AMALIE.......7.05 P......KEISHA KAYLEIGH........9.05 P......SPINNING.

Great results yesterday Dylan...hope today is 50% + as good..

Brilliant Dylan,will open the champagne after 200 results and bet live!
One small query on the rules;I presume MASTER TOP RATED means clear master top rated and not joint?

I would like to add my congrats.
All fingers and toes crossed for the future.

PYTELIUM.........If the MASTER TOP RATED was JOINT I would still use it......as long as the LTO figure was the same.So far this "filter" has always only produced one selection in any race.Even if there were 2 selections that came up in a race I would probably just split the stake 50/50.

BENDING THE RULES.........The rules I posted I do bend in one respect.......I did say there has to be a rating for EVERY HORSE in the race.I do ignore this in a FEW RACES.....Non Handicaps/Maidens/etc.......For example if there is one horse with no rating.....perhaps its making its debut....put its priced at 50/1 or 66/1....and the POTENTIAL SELECTION is priced at 6/4 fav.I will still bet the selection.But this only occurs in a few races.

YESTERDAYS RESULTS......L 9/1, WON 11/10, WON 6/4, N/R, L 13/8, L 8/1, 2nd 6/1, L 9/4.......R/T.......14/35...... + 13.92 POINTS......TODAYS SELECTIONS.......12.50 A....BABY STRANGE (E/W)..3.25 A.....DIDN'T WE.....2.15 C.....TOKYO JO....2.40 H.....ANGUS NEWZ.....4.50 H......MY VALENTINE (E/W)......1.55 N..MARINE PARADE (E/W)........3.30 N...STRUT.......5.15 N........MICHABO.

EACH WAY........I have been putting a few of the selections that I am not confident about as "E/W"........e.g.BABY STRANGE today......forecast was 4/1.....but the marked showed it was probably going to win (S/P 9/4).......when this happest just best to bet TO WIN.

TODAYS RESULTS.......WON 9/4, L 9/1, WON 10/11, L 4/1, L 5/1, L 7/2, L 9/1, N/R.........R/T.......16/42.........+12.08 POINTS.

TODAYS SELECTIONS..........2.40 N.....DAZED AND AMAZED.......3.15 N.....BARODINE.........4.25 N......MARBAA.

Going very well so far and not forgetting a slight improvement on all prices could be had with Betfair.

I think a couple of your selections have come quite close at half decent odds lately too and one winner at 5/1 or better would really help increase profits.

I admire your 'paper trading' policy but personally I like to get stuck in with real money even if its just the minimum £2 on Betfair, but that's just me.

Keep up the posts and good luck mate.

Ian.

Well done so far Dylan good results to date.

I agree with Ian I can never paper trade as I especially when using betfair like to record the actual prices I took rather than the theoretical as practice and reality can be different. Obviously to SP these assumptions are not needed.
Also to eek a little more profit you could use centrebet as they roll up to the next odds so yesterday Tokyo Jo at 11/10 would have paid 12/5 even better when above 8/1 as you get a whole point better profit.
I like this better than Betfair as if backing early at least you will not back a horse at 4.07 that then drifted like made and started at 8.0 (oh yes that happened to me last week)

TODAYS RESULTS.......WON 5/4, 3rd 6/1, N/R, ..............R/T......17/44.......+12.33 POINTS.

1 2 3 4 5