General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: HSL3 (highest Speed Last 3 Runs) SYSTEM

This does look a soundly based system but I wonder what difference it would make if the figure from the last three runs that matches the master rating was acheived more or less than 28 days ago/42 days ago?

Can this be tested VC?

Sure it can, what I came up with was the best (at the time) from the view of high ROI%, high SR%, low LLR and low Drawdowns. As I've stated I have to redo everyrhing to eliminate N/Rs from the field and re-assess the conditions agains for the runners taht remain.

I understand the class rating 1-6 but I am puzzled about the classification difference 6a - 6b 7a - 7b. What does the a & b mean? as this is important to the selection. Cab someone please enlighten me. John

I've divided the system into 2 because I treat All Weather differently to Turf taht is why there are different class and SP bands. Actually there are 7 classes 1-7, 7 being the dreaded Banded racing (commonly known as 'Bandit'). Some good systems can be designed around Class 7 but not from speed ratings alone I have found thus far.

Hi i am a new member and wan't to try out your system, just to make sure that i make the right selection would you confirm that the only possible selection today is Folio @ Leic. 2.0 sp withstanding

Cheers

Hi Mike, please note that there was an error on the 2.00 at Leicester as there are two horses in training called Folio!

The one that hasn't run before is out today and I have amended the race details.

Apologies.

Ian.

I finally realised when checked with RPmind you still backed it ew

Good one Mike, sorry about that.

Hope your day continues in the same way.

Ian

Well done mike on getting a profit from a mistaken selection, they can be so sweet unless they lose you money of course!

I've had a bit of time to put the qualifiers forward a bot late for the first few cards. However all have to be finally qualified by sP pricing as given in the current rules. Also note I'm still wading through past data to ensure that the rules I've posted do make sense (ie make decent profits). so for now everything advisory:-

3:20C Diamnod de Triano - 1ST but not in SP range
6:30W Fairfield Princess
7:30W Border Music
8:15T Abbey Cat
8:30W Star Crowned
8:45T First Approval

Cheers VC missed a couple, but got the hang of it now.

None have qualified yet because of SP pricing, please be sure to take note of the bands.

I'm blaming the jockey for that one! Border Music.

Took it too easy, thought he was Mr cool!!

Never mind, unlucky start, sure thre's more to come from this VC.

If you took it as a win only bet easy to lay off the liability in play as down to 1.23. That's what I try to do on every bet I take if not EW.

So from the 6 pre qualifiers I posted up earlier:-

3:20C Diamond de Triano
6:30W Fairfield Princess
7:30W Border Music
8:15T Abbey Cat
8:30W Star Crowned
8:45T First Approval

Only 1 qualified by the off within the price band of 5/1 to 10/1 which was Border Music at 15/2 which came 2nd. However if you do like me singles mostly you try to lay off your liability in play I use anything from 1,05 -2.1 depending on the price I took and the distance of the race. For Border Music it was easy to lay off down to 1.23 so for me no loss on the day for this system pick. The alternative is to do EW however I don't like it as it reduces the ROI%.

The results of the others if you had applied no SP filters would have been 15/8 1ST, 12/1 UP, 7/2 UP, 10/3 UP, 5/4 1ST - a slight profit of 0.125 PTS.

Anyway I hope this makes it clear how to sift through the races and apply the various filters to get the qualifiers.

I will not be posting any more selections as it's too much effort on my part and you have the rules so you can do it yourself if you desire.

However be cautioned that I have yet to complete my re-evaluation of all the filters because of the impact of Non Runners. It may be best to have 2 variations of the system, the first where you get the top pick well before racing and if it becomes a N/R then you do nothing (which would be as per the already posted rules) and the 2nd variation is maybe having new filters for all selections which includes re-checking the parameters on a reformed field after a non runner.

At least mikec made a profit on an EW selection which was in error. Very nice!

Just to clarify what percentage of total racing are being considered by using the class filters for each surface type (old type class refeneced for information):-

ALL WEATHER

OLD SYSTEM, NEW SYSTEM, %AGE, INCL/EXCL

GROUP 1-3 + A, CLASS 1, 0.3%, EXCL
B, CLASS 2, 0.9%, EXCL
C, CLASS 3, 3.5%, INCL
D, CLASS 4, 20.1%, INCL
E, CLASS 5, 23.4%, INCL
F-G, CLASS 6, 43.6%, INCL
H, CLASS 7, 8.2%, EXCL

TOTAL INCLUDED >90%

TURF

OLD SYSTEM, NEW SYSTEM, %AGE, INCL/EXCL

GROUP 1-3 + A, CLASS 1, 7.1%, EXCL
B, CLASS 2, 5.4%, EXCL
C, CLASS 3, 12.0%, INCL
D, CLASS 4, 32.9%, INCL
E, CLASS 5, 25.5%, INCL
F-G, CLASS 6, 16.6%, EXCL
H, CLASS 7, 0.5%, EXCL

TOTAL INCLUDED >70%

Combining both AW and Turf the total races being considered are more than 75% of the total.

There were no qualifiers today within the stipulated price bands although there were 6 pre qualifers of which only 1 won at a very short price. This is what I expect with any application of price band filters that you get rid of the garbage that either don't add much to the bottom line or actually detract from it - as always Quality over Quantity is for me the neame of teh game.

I'm still going through all my data and should be ready to crunch some numbers hopefully by tomorrow and we shall see if the parmaeters can remain intact.

VC a point of clarification regarding the rules

Rule 5 Highest Master has to equal highest rating
so eg M=81 and Lto =81 is this correct ?

Made a mistake yesterday i thought the only qualifier was Million per cent Won @ 7/2 but i assume i got it wrong because M was 81 and LTO was 74

Cheers more work involved than on fs

Mikec yes any of last 3 speed ratings must equal the Master which must be highest or joint highest. To clarify:-

1. Find Top or shared Master
2. Check last 3 runs of Top or shared and any of the previous runs MUST equal the Master and MUST be highest in the field
3. Any ties are resolved first by higher LTO speed rating and if that fails to resolve a unique selection then use highest M+A

However if you are making money on mistakes then let it continue.

I know that selection process is much more involved than on FS as you have to do everything manually. Fortunately for myself I have most of the work automated do the hard work for me, however there still is some manual compilation of the data required. If IR could do everything for us with backtesting and then alert setups life would be much easier.

VC.........We have gone soft with the facilities available in "another place."...........I expect you found it hard to find pen and paper to do the work in your "digital house."

No question about it Dylan, life is so much easier when you don't have to do any work other than pressing a few keys here and there. Pen and Paper - haven't used it in years.

1 2 3 4