boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Font size

Does your mouse have a scroll wheel ?

If so some browsers include a shortcut for users with a scrolling mouse. By holding down the control key on the keyboard and simultaneously rolling the mouse scroll wheel up or down, the font size will contract or grow.

There's a couple of sites I visit where text either appears so small you'd need a scanning electron microscope to read it, or so large, it could be read from space !

hope this helps

Re: Re: Font size

> Does your mouse have a scroll wheel ?
>
> If so some browsers include a shortcut for users
> with a scrolling mouse. By holding down the control
> key on the keyboard and simultaneously rolling the
> mouse scroll wheel up or down, the font size will
> contract or grow.

I'd already tried that. It doesn't work on this site.

Re: Font size

Thanks Phillip - I was beginning to think it was my eyes!

Howard Anguish

Re: Re: Font size

Now in BOLD!!!

Re: Re: Re: Font size

Ctrl-mousetwiddle is fine here in Firefox
- has to be the bottom-LEFT Ctrl-key though. It's a browser-defined thing - has same effect as menus in Firefox:
View - TextSize - Increase
or Ctrl+ for bigger Ctrl- for smaller

Ctrl-mousetwiddle doesn't have any effect in Explorer v6. Here's a guess - I haven't downloaded the beta of Explorer v7 but as this now does Tabs, I expect it will come with changing the text size.

And when I was using Explorerv7 on a differnt machine, I think I managed to avoid the marbelled effect, too, which I agree makes the whole thing hard to read.

Thanks Philip, the bold certainly does help.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Font size

...and it's much easier to read if you get close to the screen!

Hi Bob

It does not work because this site uses cascading style sheets, in the main, to specify font size in pixels - that is the number of dots on the screen.

Some other sites "Font Size" values 1 - 7 or "Font Size" relative values (e.g. +1 means slightly larger than the last font size displayed) and these can be altered using "Ctrl + mouse wheel" in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Just to make it even more awkward some sites use a mixture of the above and this is one of them. If you know a bit of HTML you can do various things inside your message and changing font size is one of them.

Regards

Allan