General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
National Hunt 30 Apr

Continuing on from previous post posted last evening, these are top rated on points system for Bangor and Fontwell this evening:
Bangor
5.50 Sonic Anthem
6.20 Accordingtoemandem
6.50 Chicago Alley
7.20 Private Be and Master Somerville
8.20 Dancewiththedevil and Mohayer
Fontwell
5.40 Bid Art and Majy D'Auteuil
6.10 Shakalakaboomboom
6.40 Kiltimoney and Kappelhoff
7.10 Command Marshall and Ocean Du Moulin
7.40 Royal Kicks
8.10 Wizard of Odds

There are only 4 horses running on 30/4/10 that are three or more points clear of nearest challenger and they are:
Donc 3.00 Mainstay
Donc 4.45 Realisation
Bang 5.50 Sonic Anthem
Font 6.10 Shakalakaboomboom

Good punting to everyone

Re: National Hunt 30 Apr

Too many bets to be having most of your selections are flawed in my opinion. Junkie betting !

Thanks for the reply but I don't bet on all these horses. All I am doing is putting up a list of the top rated horses for perusal and nothing more. I agree I would be very much out of pocket if I was a junkie better as you put it. My bets would concentrate on the four horses listed at the bottom because they are three or more points clear of the others in the race so let's see what happens to them.

Glad to hear it

Very nice Northender with your 9/1 winner out of 3 bets.

The Count, you seem to knowa lot about nothing or if you do we haven't seen your selections. Be the big man and show us your bets.

My bets are my business people who talk about their bets have no confidence or have big egos but by all means keep backing those favs a winning strategy

Thanks Paul for your comments. I put £5 win on each of the four selections, one didn't run so I ended up with £20 staked and £55 back so I'm happy. However it must be said that the list of top rated selections was very poor yesterday but I am a believer that not all days are sunny and bright - some days it rains as well.

Today's qualifiers - horses that are 3 or more points clear are:

Donc 5.35 Thunderstruck
Donc 6.45 Scarlet Rocks
Donc 7.15 Citrus Star
Thir 2.20 Hidden
Thir 5.45 Green Park
Newm 2.25 Nanton
Good 4.00 Shamwari Lodge

Once again hope everyone has a good day and Awzaan is my choice for the 2000 Guineas

Morning, looks like you had decent day, Well Done

Thankyou, Roedhelm, I did have a good day as I split my 7 selections into two groups. The first group included the shortest priced horses as shown at noon yesterday namely Shamwari Lodge, Scarlet Rocks and Citrus Star which went into a £2 win patent paying £16 for a £14 outlay and the other four went into a 50p ew Lucky 15 which paid 70.67 for a £15 outlay so all in all not a bad day in the end.

The qualifiers today are:

Ham 4.15 Gordonsville
Ham 4.50 Palawi
New 5.05 Miss Starlight
Sal 1.50 Humidor
Sal 4.05 Ebony Boom

Let's see how they do today

Just to add to last post:

I've had £5 win each on Palawi, Humidor, Gordonsville and Ebony Bloom and £2 ew acc on these four horses and £2 ew at 20/1 on Miss Starlight for a £28 outlay in total.

Friday and Saturday's total stakes = £49
Friday and Saturday's returns = £141.67
Profit stands at £92.67

Not the best of days yesterday though Miss Starlight put £10 back into the pot. Loss on day = £18

Today's qualifiers are :

Chep 3.35 Cotillion
Kemp 2.00 Freedom Fire
Kemp 2.30 Jambo Bibi
Kemp 4.30 Soundbyte
Warw 5.10 Cabal

Two will probably be odds on so I would have £10 double on Cabal and Jambo Bibi and £1 ew patent on the other three. Total stakes £24.

Good punting everyone

Very poor day yesterday and much of it my own fault as I went against one of my principles not to back at odds on. I did and I paid for it.
Yesterday's outlay was £24 and only £2.75 returns.
Since we started this post:
Total outlay = £101
Total winnings = £154.42

Qualifiers today that are 3 or more points clear are:

Bath 5.00 Callisto Moon
Exet 3.20 Sea Saffron
Fakn 3.50 Pheidias
Fakn 4.50 Shropshire Lass

I will have £5 win on each as long as none are odds on and £1 ew acc. £22 staked

Good luck Northender, good to see profit and loss results being kept too.

2 winners from 4 today at 9/4 and 5/2. Nice change from yesterday's poor showing.
Total staked = £22
Total returns = £33.75

Total outlay so far since last Thurs = £123
Total winnings so far = £188.17

Analysed tomorrow's cards and quite a number of qualifiers:

Ches 2.15 Miss Starlight
Sthw 2.25 Academy Blues
Sthw 4.45 Sir Pitt
Hunt 5.55 Samurai Way
Hunt 6.30 High Jack
Hunt 7.05 Ring Bo Ree
Kels 2.35 Solis
Kels 3.05 Heez A Steel

Heez A Steel may well be odds on so no bet if that is the case and I don't feel very happy with Miss Starlight as Chester is a unique course and I don't think it will suit its style of running proved by its excellent run at Newmarket at the weekend.
However, will wait until tomorrow to see what odds are available for horses above and post my bets around noontime.

As promised, here are my staking plans for today:

£5 win Heez A Steel at 7/4

£1 win patent and £1 ew treble on:
Sir Pitt at 7/2
Samurai Way at 10/3
Academy Blues at 11/2

25p ew Lucky 15 on:
High Jack at 6/1
Ring Bo Ree at 6/1
Solis at 15/2
Miss Starlight at 8/1

Total Staked = £21.50
All bets are best odds guaranteed
I decided to include Miss Starlight as she is a qualifier and shouldn't be left out.

A losing day today but not by much as it turned out.

The £1 ew acc paid £10.83 plus Sir Pitt returned £4.50 and the EW Lucky 15 paid £2.55. A total of £17.88 and a loss of £3.62.

Present state of affairs:
Total Staked = £144.50
Total Winnings = £206.05
Profit so far = £61.55

I am not the best punter going and I'm sure better men than me can suggest better ways of covering my qualifying selections each day than the way I do at present. I like the trixie or patent as a bet but not the Lucky 15 even though I use it quite often. Any suggestions??

Dump the multiples as unless you have a 50% strike rate they are mug bets and the bookies know it as why offer them ?
Concentrate on singles, become a good punter 1st instead of trying to get rich quick, punting is a grind and if you become a reasonable judgeyou can make it pay but not by backing short priced favs.

I do agree with you count, I have been there, seen it & worn the T shirt, but having said that I do do, Singles & doubles. Good advice & comments Thanks.

Thanks to the Count and Roedhelm for your input. I know that what you are saying is totally correct but there is always that urge to group horses together to try and make a little bit more and that is where the greed comes in and where I fall down. It takes discipline to stick to your rules. From now on, singles only!

Today's qualifiers that are three or more points ahead using Ian's speed ratings are:

Goodw 4.45 Gaselee
FFos 5.55 Style and Panache
N Abb 4.20 Sky But N Ben
N Abb 4.55 Nanga Parbat
Wincn 5.35 Prescelli
Wethy 6.15 Nothingbutthetruth
Wethy 6.50 Miss Tarantella

Style and Panache and Sky But N Ben are both odds on so no bet.

£5 win Prescelli at 7/4
£5 win Nothingbutthetruth at 13/8
£5 win Nanga Parbat at 9/2
£2 ew Gaselee at 8/1
£2 ew Miss Tarantella at 12/1

Total Staked = £23

Not a trixie, patent or Lucky 15 in sight!

A good day with profit once more.
Prescelli paid £13.75
Nothingbutthetruth paid £17.50
Gaselee paid £5.20
Miss Tarantella paid £8

Staked = £23
Winnings = £44.45
Profit = £21.45

Running total staked = £167.50
Total Winnings = £250.50
Total Profit = £83.00

The two odds on horses both won but I avoided them. Some days they win, most days they don't!

Keep it up Northender you are doing well

1 2