LATEST INFO of JESSICA
**Hong Kong
ViuTV原創劇《極度俏郎君》 featuring 宣萱、姜皓文、張慧儀以及ERROR四子 broadcast on April 17, 2023 @ 9:30pm. Monday through Friday *EVERYDAY* *B-net  

OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
little piece of old news

little piece of old news TVB #421

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thx both of you, 'n what did they say?

Replying to:

Replying to:

Just try to translation

Coz my cantonese isn't good.I just try to translate these two news.Here it is:

picture1:During the shooting of,Jessica played with Xiao xi now and then(the little boy in pic1),who kept his brother's company of shooting.Jessica is very fond of him.

picture2:It lists 10 classical tv lines from 10 tv serials.is on the top of this list.The line is"Shall we dongfang(sorry,I don't know how to translate"洞房",bridal chamber or make love? ),wife?"

Re: Just try to translation

picture2:It lists 10 classical tv lines from 10 tv serials.is on the top of this list.The line is"Shall we dongfang(sorry,I don't know how to translate"洞房",bridal chamber or make love? ),wife?"

Replying to:

picture1 uring the shooting of,Jessica played with Xiao xi now and then(the little boy in pic1),who kept his brother's company of shooting.Jessica is very fond of him.

I do type the "square pegs"is on the top of this list,but It can't show.

I don't know why.

Replying to:

Replying to:

picture1 uring the shooting of,Jessica played with Xiao xi now and then(the little boy in pic1),who kept his brother's company of shooting.Jessica is very fond of him.

English Translation of little piece of old news TVB #421

Thanks Joyjie for your help. I just want to add a little more:

Title of article: Top 10 classic TV lines

Paragraph in bold:

Throughout the years, TVB has aired many serials that have touched the hearts of many viewers. In the midst of airing, the leading roles' dressing and lifestyles become the trendsetter while the classic lines from these serials form the catch-phrases of the moment. Has anyone ever uttered any of these 10 classic TV lines?

(Sorry, I can only translate the No.1 serial coz I dont know the english names of the remaining 9 shows. Anyway, Jessica's part is in No.1 so you wont't miss much).

No.1 - Square Pegs
After Roger marries Jessica, his mother keeps asking him if he has "dong fang" with his wife. So every night, he tells his wife(Loh moh jai), "Let's dong fang."

In the photo showing Roger, he said that til now, when people see him, they still ask him, "where is loh poh jai" and they also keep telling him "Dong fang, dong fang."

End of translation.**********

As to why this is memorable or has become an unforgettable classic TV line, we have to understand that the Chinese word "Dong Fang" means "consummation of marriage on wedding night" or if you put it crudely, it means to "do it" on the wedding night.

But we all know Jessica has taught Roger that "dong fang" means playing a game of balancing themselves on vertical bamboo poles. Roger often talks of "dong fang" in a very open and excited way without any trace of embarrassment since he enjoys the game so much. But of course, outsiders, including Roger's parents, have no idea that he is referring to this game instead. They really believe (much to their own surprise and amusement) that he is very virile and is always busy "doing it" with Jessica.

So it is often hilarious when this topic crops up in the show and misunderstandings arise. The scripwriters are very witty to turn this sensitive topic into a funny one without being tacky or offensive.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Thanks NSF for the excellent translation and commentary!

Replying to:

Paragraph in bold:

Throughout the years, TVB has aired many serials that have touched the hearts of many viewers. In the midst of airing, the leading roles' dressing and lifestyles become the trendsetter while the classic lines from these serials form the catch-phrases of the moment. Has anyone ever uttered any of these 10 classic TV lines?

(Sorry, I can only translate the No.1 serial coz I dont know the english names of the remaining 9 shows. Anyway, Jessica's part is in No.1 so you wont't miss much).

No.1 - Square Pegs
After Roger marries Jessica, his mother keeps asking him if he has "dong fang" with his wife. So every night, he tells his wife(Loh moh jai), "Let's dong fang."

In the photo showing Roger, he said that til now, when people see him, they still ask him, "where is loh poh jai" and they also keep telling him "Dong fang, dong fang."

As to why this is memorable or has become an unforgettable classic TV line, we have to understand that the Chinese word "Dong Fang" means "consummation of marriage on wedding night" or if you put it crudely, it means to "do it" on the wedding night.

But we all know Jessica has taught Roger that "dong fang" means playing a game of balancing themselves on vertical bamboo poles. Roger often talks of "dong fang" in a very open and excited way without any trace of embarrassment since he enjoys the game so much. But of course, outsiders, including Roger's parents, have no idea that he is referring to this game instead. They really believe (much to their own surprise and amusement) that he is very virile and is always busy "doing it" with Jessica.

So it is often hilarious when this topic crops up in the show and misunderstandings arise. The scripwriters are very witty to turn this sensitive topic into a funny one without being tacky or offensive.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Tq NSF for the English Translation of little piece of old news TVB #421

Replying to:

Paragraph in bold:

No.1 - Square Pegs

Replying to:

Replying to:

U really do a wonderful job! NSF!

I like your translation and explanation of "DongFang" so paticularly.

Sina (Mircoblog) : CLICK HERE
News collection website: http://www.suenhuen.com/
For Jessica WEBSITES, goto: The Strongest Links
OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.