LATEST INFO of JESSICA
**Hong Kong
ViuTV原創劇《極度俏郎君》 featuring 宣萱、姜皓文、張慧儀以及ERROR四子 broadcast on April 17, 2023 @ 9:30pm. Monday through Friday *EVERYDAY* *B-net  

OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Hi, NGEE

I didn't really know how to swim when I took up diving! I wouldn't even call it swimming. I can only swim a few metres when I took up diving lessons. I didn't even know how to breath in and out properly! And treading water was definitely a skill I did not possess then!!!

You don't actually have to know how to swim to dive. It is actually very difficult for you to sink. So much so, that you have to actually wear a belt with weights around your waist to sink. When you're out of the water (afloat in the sea), you don't have to worry about sinking. All you need to do is inflate your Buoyancy Control vest and you'll stay afloat!

When you dive, what is more important is controlling your buoyancy...meaning that you dive at a consistent depth, not up down up down and floating away in the water!!! This can be done via your BC vest and your breathing. If your lungs are filled with air, you would naturally go up and vice versa.

When you swim in the deep blue sea, you just have to kick your legs and the fins will propel you ahead.

Most important about diving is...always follow the rules!!! Never dive without a buddy and get a qualified instructor!!! You have to be licensed before you are allowed to dive in the open sea.

If you plan to take up diving, please do so ASAP as the water is getting more polluted, the visibility is getting poorer and the corals are starting to die....more so in Redang.

Errmm...another thing...diving is a costly sport...but then that's no excuse to not see the other part of the world in its full glory!!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,

Are you a diver? It's good that you pointed out " ...misconception that to dive you must be able to swim...". I thought, a diver must be a good swimmer as well. Well.... now i know it's not.

So... diving doesn't have anything to do with swimming? Em... although one can't swim, he still can dive? But... how to dive then? I'm really curious to know that!

P/S:You have posted a good thread here.

Replying to:

Hi, there seems to be a misconception that to dive you must be able to swim. Anyone who is interested in taking up diving and have questions about it, please feel free to post your questions in this thread and I'll try my best to answer.

Webmaster, I hope you are ok with this. If not, please feel free to lock the topic. Thanks

Re: Hi, Bubbles

Diving is a costly sport..... my hope's disappearing Just kidding.

Thanks for your explanation!

Replying to:

I didn't really know how to swim when I took up diving! I wouldn't even call it swimming. I can only swim a few metres when I took up diving lessons. I didn't even know how to breath in and out properly! And treading water was definitely a skill I did not possess then!!!

You don't actually have to know how to swim to dive. It is actually very difficult for you to sink. So much so, that you have to actually wear a belt with weights around your waist to sink. When you're out of the water (afloat in the sea), you don't have to worry about sinking. All you need to do is inflate your Buoyancy Control vest and you'll stay afloat!

When you dive, what is more important is controlling your buoyancy...meaning that you dive at a consistent depth, not up down up down and floating away in the water!!! This can be done via your BC vest and your breathing. If your lungs are filled with air, you would naturally go up and vice versa.

When you swim in the deep blue sea, you just have to kick your legs and the fins will propel you ahead.

Most important about diving is...always follow the rules!!! Never dive without a buddy and get a qualified instructor!!! You have to be licensed before you are allowed to dive in the open sea.

If you plan to take up diving, please do so ASAP as the water is getting more polluted, the visibility is getting poorer and the corals are starting to die....more so in Redang.

Errmm...another thing...diving is a costly sport...but then that's no excuse to not see the other part of the world in its full glory!!!

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,

Are you a diver? It's good that you pointed out " ...misconception that to dive you must be able to swim...". I thought, a diver must be a good swimmer as well. Well.... now i know it's not.

So... diving doesn't have anything to do with swimming? Em... although one can't swim, he still can dive? But... how to dive then? I'm really curious to know that!

Replying to:

Hi, there seems to be a misconception that to dive you must be able to swim. Anyone who is interested in taking up diving and have questions about it, please feel free to post your questions in this thread and I'll try my best to answer.

Webmaster, I hope you are ok with this. If not, please feel free to lock the topic. Thanks

Re:Diving

NGEE...

Yes, it can be a costly sport...but for a start, your instructor would provide all the necessary gear. Best is to buy your own equipment if you can afford it. You wouldn't know if the rented gear are properly maintained or not. Remember, your diving gear plays a BIG part in a safe dive.

I'm repeating what I said to NSF and Sunny Jazz...

It is something that you must try at least once in your lifetime! I promise you that you'll never regret taking up this sport!

Replying to:

Diving is a costly sport..... my hope's disappearing Just kidding.

Thanks for your explanation!

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,

Replying to:

Re: Re:Diving

Hi Bubbles,
Thank you for your information. You made diving sounds so easy and wonderful. Maybe you can be my "si fu" seriously... then perhaps one day we can all dive with Jessica .
Hmmm.... not a bad idea ya Miss Jessica....please consider it .
Btw I am from USJ.

Re: Re: Re:Diving

Hi guys! glad to see a topic about diving. Actually I'm also a diver, working as instructor at Mabul Island now. (nearby Sipadan in Sabah). Diving is indeed a very wonderful sport and having the privilege of being Malaysian i really think we should enjoy our underwater beauty!

cheers!

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Thank you for your information. You made diving sounds so easy and wonderful. Maybe you can be my "si fu" seriously... then perhaps one day we can all dive with Jessica .
Btw I am from USJ.

Hi Sunny & Seok

Sunny, nice to know you. Please don't call me a sifu! I have actually stopped diving for a few years ago and am thinking of going back to the open sea maybe sometime next year. But I have to go for a refresher course first!

Seok, glad to hear from another diver! I have yet to dive Sipadan! My hubby has done so when he took his Advance Diving Licence. I chickened out coz you had to do a night dive in order to pass that. By the way, are you a PADI instructor or a NAUI instructor? I was certified by NAUI and I have yet to find many people with certification from them.

Cheers!

Replying to:

Hi guys! glad to see a topic about diving. Actually I'm also a diver, working as instructor at Mabul Island now. (nearby Sipadan in Sabah). Diving is indeed a very wonderful sport and having the privilege of being Malaysian i really think we should enjoy our underwater beauty!

cheers!

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

Diving is about......

I think diving is more about conquering your fear of the deep blue sea. Many people have second thoughts about diving not because it is a difficult sport, but the risks involved eg. drowning, attacks by sharks...

For those who are interested in diving but is fearful of the uncertainties, you can start with snorkelling first.

By the way, your diving lessons begin in the swimming pool! Not in the open sea! Your instructor will only bring you into the open sea when he/she feels that you are ready.

For more information on diving, you can visit the NAUI and PADI websites here:

http://www.naui.org/index-side.html
http://www.padi.com/english/default.asp?o=ap

Cheers!

Replying to:

Sunny, nice to know you. Please don't call me a sifu! I have actually stopped diving for a few years ago and am thinking of going back to the open sea maybe sometime next year. But I have to go for a refresher course first!

Seok, glad to hear from another diver! I have yet to dive Sipadan! My hubby has done so when he took his Advance Diving Licence. I chickened out coz you had to do a night dive in order to pass that. By the way, are you a PADI instructor or a NAUI instructor? I was certified by NAUI and I have yet to find many people with certification from them.

Cheers!

Replying to:

cheers!

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

Re: Re: Re:Diving

Erm...Sunny...

I think Jessica took up diving because it offers an opportunity for her have her own "personal" space when she's in the sea. Diving offers you peace and tranquility that you won't get in other sports.

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

No fans diving behind Jessica please..

Ha ha Sunny, I also recall Jessica saying that she loves to dive coz she enoys the privacy since no one can recognise her in the sea. Pretty sure she won't like it if a bunch of us trail behind her when she dives

Thanks to Bubbles for your clarification on the requirements. I've always (mistakenly) presumed that you need a high level of swimming proficiency before being allowed to dive. Guess you are right, we need to conquer our fear most of all. I will put this in my "must-do" list before I grow old.

Replying to:

Erm...Sunny...

I think Jessica took up diving because it offers an opportunity for her have her own "personal" space when she's in the sea. Diving offers you peace and tranquility that you won't get in other sports.

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

Re: No fans diving behind Jessica please..

LOL! NSF..you're very right...no diving behind, below, above, in front...whatever ...of Jessica....Hahaha!

Yeah! Am glad that you are considering diving as a sport now! Hopefully, we can encourage more people to dive and learn to appreciate the ocean and stop polluting it!

Replying to:

Ha ha Sunny, I also recall Jessica saying that she loves to dive coz she enoys the privacy since no one can recognise her in the sea. Pretty sure she won't like it if a bunch of us trail behind her when she dives

Thanks to Bubbles for your clarification on the requirements. I've always (mistakenly) presumed that you need a high level of swimming proficiency before being allowed to dive. Guess you are right, we need to conquer our fear most of all. I will put this in my "must-do" list before I grow old.

Replying to:

Erm...Sunny...

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

Re: Sunny Jazz...

You're from USJ... Maybe someday we can meetup when I'm in KL and go eat some Ampang Yong Tau Foo in the Subang branch!

Replying to:

LOL! NSF..you're very right...no diving behind, below, above, in front...whatever ...of Jessica....Hahaha!

Yeah! Am glad that you are considering diving as a sport now! Hopefully, we can encourage more people to dive and learn to appreciate the ocean and stop polluting it!

Replying to:

Replying to:

Erm...Sunny...

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

Re: Re: Sunny Jazz...

Sure you know Subang Jaya very well don't you Just let met know when.

Re: No fans diving behind Jessica please..

hm.. yeah.. i also need to thank bubbles for rising my excitement on diving, haha.. just like others, before i also thought that we need expert swimming skill.

i belive on the day jessica go for diving, there won't be "unexpected divers" there, haha... cos Jessica always says and be proud that her fans are very "guai", "ting hua", haha... what a wonderful fans you guys are.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Erm...Sunny...

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

Re: Re: No fans diving behind Jessica please..

Hi guys. Bubbles i'm a PADI instructor. Sipadan and Mabul is definitely one of the best diving in Malaysia. for the admin i hope you don't mind me posting this, but if you like to find out more about malaysia diving you can check out this forum here: www.malaysiadivingcommunity.com

Just today i had the best dive in my life. Crystal clear water, big big big school of barracudas, hammerhead shark!!!!

No definitely no trailing jessica as i'm sure when she comes out she really needs to get OUT of her usual busy life especially being a celebrity and all that. But I'm have to admit i'm so glad she's a diver.. knowing she enjoys what I'm doing everyday as a job. :P anyway like you guys said earlier, if you're too foreign to the sea just try snorkelling as a start. see if you like it. :)

Replying to:

hm.. yeah.. i also need to thank bubbles for rising my excitement on diving, haha.. just like others, before i also thought that we need expert swimming skill.

i belive on the day jessica go for diving, there won't be "unexpected divers" there, haha... cos Jessica always says and be proud that her fans are very "guai", "ting hua", haha... what a wonderful fans you guys are.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Erm...Sunny...

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

Re: Re: No fans diving behind Jessica please..

Need to clear another misconception....Diving is not a "the more, the merrier" sport! You cannot have 30 people diving at the same time around the same vicinity. Just like bird watching, you can't have 20 people crowded at the same spot looking for birds! You'll end up not seeing anything!!

At most, a group of not more than a dozen would be more than enough.

So...definitely no trailing behind Jessica!!!

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Erm...Sunny...

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

Re: Re: Re: No fans diving behind Jessica please..

I see, thanks for your clarification. Again,it has never occurred to me that the maximum number should be about 12. I know we should not dive alone but given the concept of safety in numbers, it din't occur to me that there should be a cap either.

It's nice to learn from people who have the diving experience to clear our misconceptions.

Replying to:

Need to clear another misconception....Diving is not a "the more, the merrier" sport! You cannot have 30 people diving at the same time around the same vicinity. Just like bird watching, you can't have 20 people crowded at the same spot looking for birds! You'll end up not seeing anything!!

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Erm...Sunny...

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

12 is not the max... it's just my estimate....

It may be more or less...Maybe Seok can give some feedback?

Replying to:

I see, thanks for your clarification. Again,it has never occurred to me that the maximum number should be about 12. I know we should not dive alone but given the concept of safety in numbers, it din't occur to me that there should be a cap either.

It's nice to learn from people who have the diving experience to clear our misconceptions.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Erm...Sunny...

Replying to:

Hi Bubbles,
Btw I am from USJ.

Sina (Mircoblog) : CLICK HERE
News collection website: http://www.suenhuen.com/
For Jessica WEBSITES, goto: The Strongest Links
OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.