Adrienne's Travel Forum.

Welcome to our travel forum. Feel free to post a message. Any items of travel interest,places to visit,places not to visit.In fact anything to do with travelling welcome.

Adrienne's Travel Forum.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Diary of our home swap to Australia 2006

We have just returned from a 8 day trip driving up the East Coast from Yeppoon To Cairns a total of 3000kms.We have spent every day exploring the East Coast and i would recommend to anyone to drive the coast as there is so much to see and do.We also visited the Barrier Reef,Karunda Skyrail,Cairns,Port Douglas and the Daintree and Cape Tribulation areas.Absolutely stunning and Breathtaking scenery.

We are flying home to the UK on Wednesday so once i hvae more time i will go into more detail of the trips and sights to be seen on the East Coast.

Well the trip is over and its onward for plans for next year. Now we are home and have time to reflect on the trip i would recommend the following things.
I would definately drive between Brisbane and Cairns again.Avery long way but worth it to see the amazing countryside and fabulous beaches on route. I would stay at Airlie Beach not Bowen next time.That is about half way up.
A visit to the Daintree and Cape Tribulation areas is a must and crocodile watching on the Daintree river.
The barrier reef trip was very memorable and one of the highlights of the holiday.Quicksilver were very organised and catered well for all the family. I would suggest you book beforehand and take note of the weather and wind speeds.It can get quite choppy!!!
The Karunda Sky Rail is also a good trip there is plenty to see and do. My children enjoyed the poisonous zoo which had all the spiders and snakes they wanted to see.
We will be returning in the future as Australia offers so much.If you can put up with the flight it is well worth it.

Adrienne can you let me know how you organised house swap. Really interested. Love Australia. Been once and would love to return .... this way sounds good with the kids.