Adrienne's Travel Forum.

Welcome to our travel forum. Feel free to post a message. Any items of travel interest,places to visit,places not to visit.In fact anything to do with travelling welcome.

Adrienne's Travel Forum.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Biker Friendly accommodation

I am thinking of starting a collection of biker friendly accommodation.Please let me know any recommendations you may have or perhaps you are the owner of such a property.

Re: Biker Friendly accommodation

Well done Adrienne for your interest in Bikers, and for your feature about this huge and unrecognised/ ignored/ shunned tourist market. I thought I would send you a few comments, which might interest you and your clients.

Well, lets first talk about what and who a biker is these days.
A great proportion of them are in good jobs, many with a high profile, good incomes, and very nice homes
They are used to comfort, where they stay, and certainly know the difference between a good label wine and some local plonk!
Many like me are” Born again Bikers”, who grew up in the 60’s and 70’s, and had to build up an old Triumph on our Mums kitchen table, the bike leaked oil, was so noisy it woke up the whole town.
We all wore second hand flying jackets, and RAF boots, and tried to be the Bad boys! We were all wanna be Marlon Brando’s from The Wild Bunch or similar!…We were Rebels!

Then we grew up, got families, worked hard, had a car, and went on holiday…..usual sort of stuff, but dreamed of being on the open road with the wind in our face. So we used our disposable income and bought a bike, leathers, shiny new crash helmet etc, and spent more money on that lot than a good family car!
Have a look at the price of a new Honda, Ducati, or if you are seriously loaded, an MV Augusta!…This is an art form with 2 wheels and costs a lot more than you can imagine!

Biker Friendly
These are the owners who have woken up to the above, and truly welcome Bikers
Those who have somewhere, worth riding to, and know that Bikers all over the world are a community.
Bikers love to talk bikes, love to ride with any one who has 2 wheels, wherever they are from, respect each others abilities to ride, and are respectful of other people, their values, and their homes/hotel/B&B and guest house.
Its an international fraternity…. who talk to each other and will recommend those places that welcome them.
Of course there is the bad element, as from all walks of life. Expensive car drivers are not all pleasant, well behaved either. We recently had a group here driving top of the range BMW 4x4’s and Lexus……well they obviously left their manners in their cars,…. would we have them back…absolutely no way!

Don’t judge a customer by the vehicle they drive!

Biker Tolerant
Yes, well they offer a room…and not too often one of the better ones…. and all too often simply because they want to grab a nights accommodation fee.
Be sure of one thing if you are just tolerant…the biker who came…probably wont be back, and neither will his colleagues…and good and bad news travels fast in the Biker fraternity!

It’s a simple decision to make: do you want to benefit from Bikers or not!…It’s a huge market, and its getting bigger.
Ignore it and you are missing an excellent opportunity!

Eastern Europe
This is the next area, where there will be an explosion of biker tourism…. we are in Romania and know of Biker friendlies in Croatia, Bulgaria, Serbia etc……We can see this happening…..To get here, Bikers have to ride through Western Europe…and need somewhere nice, friendly to stay at, and we are prepared to pay for it.
Lili and I are leaving UK on the 6th July to ride our own Yamaha TDM 850 back to Romania, where we have our own B&B…we will be riding 1,647 miles and stopping often along the way….Are we welcome at your place?

Thanks again Adrienne, and thanks for your site…its working well for us…pity the others we have used, are not as customer friendly as you are!