Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is more maneuverable the F-22 or the Su-37

Think so? I bet a F-15, F-16, F/A-18, pilot would completely disagree with you and prove you wrong.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm not an experimented pilot but one thing I can say and I'm sure about is: you can't yet nowedays find any aircraft in the world who can combat the Su 37. It's larger over than F22 capability's unless his furtivity. However the Fozotrum persistance can detect easilly such hunter like F22. Like the case of the F117 in Serbie's war in 1996.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is more maneuverable the F-22 or the Su-37

Actually the Su-37's avionics is completely superior to the F-22. The F-22's thrust vectoring nozzles only activate when the aircraft is ascending and descending. The Su-37's thrust vectoring nozzles can also vector when the aircraft turns; one nozzle vectors up and the other vectors down. The F-22 is unable to do that (its nozzles can only vector together) therefore making the Russian fighter far superior in combat. Also it is capable of the "cobra" maneuver in which no other aircraft in the world is capable of doing. Plus the Su-37's payload of R-27 and R-73 missiles make it better in a dogfight.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is more maneuverable the F-22 or the Su-37

i agree the Su-37 is much much more maneuverable than the F-22. No one has ever beaten the Russians in air power; they couldnt even beat the MiG-25 in speed! The Flanker might not have any stealth cacpabilities, but it does not need to hide from anything. Anyway I'm an american and i know when someone is better than us. So for all you who thinks that the F-22 is better than the Flanker, dream on. Thats why we need to stay at peace with Russia!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is more maneuverable the F-22 or the Su-37

That is where you are wrong. The new version of the AIM-9 will become the most advanced air-air missile. Don't agree with me? Let me put it it this way...

Two soldiers are engaging in combat. One is a sniper, the other infantry. The infantry soldier might have a better rifle, but the sniper can not be seen. Who wins??? You know.

Replying to:

Actually the Sidewinder or the AMRAAM is not the best maneuverable missile in the world. I think that the F-22 will have problem dodging missiles like the R-77 which is the most maneuverable missile in the world.

Replying to:

I dont know how maneuvarable the Su -37 is but I do know the F-22 has first look first shoot capabilities.So the question is can the SU-37 out maneuver a AIM -9 sidewinder.

Replying to:

THE SU-37 IS AERODYNAMIC AND THE F-22 NOT BECAUSE ITS STEALTH, AND WITH THE 3D VECTORIZED NOOZLE THE F-22 HAS NO CHANCE IN FIGHT VS THE SU-37

Replying to:

Is the F-22 or the Su-37 more maneuverable. The Su-37 has more advanced 3d thrust vectoring while the F-22 has 2d thrust vectoring. Not just that the Su-37 can perform maneuvers which the F-22 can never even dream of like the Super Cobra. Then why is it told to the world that the F-22 is the most maneuverable fighter in the world.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is more maneuverable the F-22 or the Su-37

with a wider detection angle than the Archer and TVC, the AIM-9X is the best dogfighting missile.

Re: Re: Re: Who is more maneuverable the F-22 or the Su-37

Your quite misinformed, the question is can the F-22 outmaneuver an R-73 quick maneuvering missile. The
R-73 missile is much much more maneuverable than the sidewinder; thats because it has its own thrust vectoring nozzle!!

Re: Who is more maneuverable the F-22 or the Su-37

the capitalist americans has the mastery of marketing their product to be the BEST in the world.

there is no doubt russian fighter is more maneuverable that the american

there is no doubt in my mind that american avionics is better than russian systems

on a long range fight american fighters will have distinct advantage because of its avionics

on a close range fight russian fighter is more lethal due to its better maneoverability

Replying to:

Is the F-22 or the Su-37 more maneuverable. The Su-37 has more advanced 3d thrust vectoring while the F-22 has 2d thrust vectoring. Not just that the Su-37 can perform maneuvers which the F-22 can never even dream of like the Super Cobra. Then why is it told to the world that the F-22 is the most maneuverable fighter in the world.

First of all, it's not going to really matter. Even if the Su-37 is more maneuverable, the F-22's first look-first shot capabilities will be the deciding factor. When you take into consideration that the majority of air-to-air kills happen when one of the opponents is not ready, the SU-37 does not stand a chance. The advanced avionics suite and stealth capabilities give the F-22 a distinct advantage. Plus, the most glaring advantage that the F-22 has is the pilot. American pilots are trained far better in tactics and also experience real world combat missions, something most, if not all potential adversaries do not have.

So, does the SU-37 boast outstanding maneuverability that could be considered better? Who knows. I't would'nt matter anyways.....

Replying to:

It may not be as maneuverable, but it is more stealth and in today's world it's best to get in and destroy the target. Besides there are munitions in the U.S. arsenal that will knock out a target 60 plus miles out...so, why worry about out-maneuvering your enemy.

Re: Re: Who is more maneuverable the F-22 or the Su-37

Well, matter-of-factly speaking the su27 (of which the abovementined su37 is a derivative) does have a longer stick than the f22 - the R77 and R77M have longer range that the AMRAAM,however, the f22 will still have the edge in long range engagements due to its stealth design. Under no circumstances should a f22 attempt to dogfight a su37 though, as the latter is more maneuverable, has better close range sensors (including passive IR), a genuine look down - shoot down capability and better close range missiles.

Re: Re: Who is more maneuverable the F-22 or the Su-37

I'm sorry man, but have you ever heard about the Novator KS-172 air-to-air missile? Its a missile carried by the Su-37 that can engage targets from 250 miles away! 60 miles is nothing. Dont believe me? fine, check it out yourself, the name is: Novator KS-172 AAM-L