SUTHRNDIRT RACING FORUM

Please feel free to join in and have a good time. If for some reason you have a topic that you do not like, then don't read it. NO ONE is forced to. And please keep in mind that there could be young people reading posts so try and be decent. I will delete anything that I feel is inapropriate.  Christal Ramsey

SUTHRNDIRT RACING FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fayetteville Closing?

So are the rumors true about the track being sold? I sure hope not and if so hopefully someone will build another track in this area. I would think Baker is making really good money having car races. I know houses are getting built closer to the track and land is a valuable commodity, but **** hasn't the track been around since the 60's?

Re: Fayetteville Closing?

there won't be another track close to fayetteville. just ain't gonna happen. not after mike sells out. it's funny ain't no money exchanged hands but the checks in the mail

Maybe someone could build one around Springdale or Rogers instead if Fayetteville is too prohibitive. There's just too many cars and good fans in the area to not have a track to run at. This is a story I know for a fact: There is a track in South Coffeyville, OK called Mid-America Speedway. The promoter died towards the end of last season and no one leased it this year so the track has been closed. A local sprint car racer and businessman named Danny Smith leased it and ran two weekends there a month ago and did great. Car counts were good (basically the cars who raced there last year) and attendance was very good. At the end of the last show they announced to watch for announcements that the track was going to re-open each week the rest of the year. Everyone was excited. A doctor actually owns the track. Danny was going to buy it for $250,000 but after the doctor saw how well the two weekends went he upped the price to $500,000 so Danny had to pass on it. The drivers and fans are denied. And similarly in the case of Thunder Valley if the rumors are true and Baker cashes out very tidily then all the fans and drivers are SOL. "It's just business" people say. I'm pretty sick of that phrase because the day to day people who support things and get things to where they are successful just get short-changed.

guess we are SOL cus mikes out for the big bucks. the track will be dozed down and houses will be put in its place. nuthin we can do about it.

I heard that there was 3 offers on the track. There are 2 developers and a guy in Calif. that wants to buy it. The guy in Calif. wants to keep it as arace track by what I heard but he was alittle short on the offer than the other two. Maybe there are enough drivers to raise the rest that he needs to keep it opened.

Hey man, Goat Wilbur is in the cat bird seat huh? Don't ya know he's lickn' his chops!!!!!

I like TVS as much as anybody, however it is a business. And there is not a person on here that would not sell the rest of the fans out if they were in bakers shoes!!!!!

Fayetteville will not be running next year. My source said that at this point and time there will be no racing there next year something to do with the insurance. Yea right!!!!!

I wouldn't doubt that this year is it. If I'm not mistaken their website had said they'd be running in 2006 and now it just says running through October 8 of this year. It's depressing. I'd rank Thunder Valley's weekly show at the top in this area.