Return to Website

JFK Tower Open Discussion

Comments, questions, and suggestions for travel, air traffic, and aviation.

JFK Tower Open Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: AA A300 Emergency

Milton3,

Are you sure you are in the industry? From reading your post, I kinda doubt that, or mabye you can post your "good points" on why an almost bankrupt UAL should retire it's domestic workhorse?

-Tom

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I dont have too much to add to why the airbus came back, I will probobly have more info for you after tonight. I ahven't been to work in three days. To asnwer your question reguarding the two controllers; there are five new trainees that just started on Sunday, it was probobly one of them working and the instructor felt at certain times he needed to chime in, but he will often still let the trainee make transmissions so that he can learn from the experience also. After all, to check out you must be able to handle these situations OR When the relief briefing was give, ie, the controller is giving the position to someone else, the new person aybe knew more about the situation and chimed in to help out, but they weren't finished briefing yet. Well hope that helps you a little, I'll let you know what I hear tonight.

Replying to:

I started a thread a few weeks ago about how AAL seriously needs to get rid of their A300's. I myself am in the indusry and I gave some good points about how this bird really needs to be retired...but someone felt the need to insult me. They need to do something soon because I don't want to see 200+ more people get killed.

On another note, I was on several UAL 737-300's over the weekend and UAL really needs to get rid of these as well. I've ran into some similar problems (some very different as well) that are everyday problems with AAL's A300 also.

Replying to:

Today around 3:45pm I heard AAL647, and A300-600 return to JFK because, in roughly the pilots words: We hit some turbulance on the way out and the airbus wasn't handling like she has for the past 10 years. I couldn't listen to the whole thing, but it seemed to throw the whole sector into disarray. There were two controllers alternating with each other, something i've never heard before, one pulled another AA 757 off the route in front of AAL647 after the original slowed him down, then the original controller came back, which the second chiming in once and a while. An interesting sitution that might add another chapter to the whole airbus controversy.