Return to Website

JFK Tower Open Discussion

Comments, questions, and suggestions for travel, air traffic, and aviation.

JFK Tower Open Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: 22L is back!

me too-delta flight to MCO Wed. morning...how about some 22R action, eh?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I heard flightcheck 69 last night as well. I was about to ask if he was a pilot certifying aircraft or whether there was a specific reason he was doing approaches to 4R and 22L, now I know! Very happy that 22L is back up, hopefully we'll be seeing more use of the 4's/22's (HINT HINT TRACON I'm flying out of JFK wednesday morning, use of 4L/22R would be really awesome! )

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Good news to all you 22 spotters out there-Dave told me last night in the chat that 22L is finally finished and later on around 2am I heard "flight check 69," which is some type of certifying aircraft, up there doing numerous approaches to 4R/22L, so the lights must be on. One question though, flight check asked for the 22L approach lights to be turned on and the tower said that there are no approach lights-I was always under the impression that there were and they were just out of service, I see that the "old" 22L had MALSR 1,400 medium range lighting-have the new ones not been commissioned yet? Or will there be no approach lighting now?