Return to Website

JFK Tower Open Discussion

Comments, questions, and suggestions for travel, air traffic, and aviation.

JFK Tower Open Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JFK/LGA Spotting

What's good everyone?

Well a few things...

I remember reading a while ago, about some park in Lynbrook (Or was it Long Beach) where you can get a great view of JFK 31 arrivals and departures. Can anyone tell me where that is?

Also, I remember hearing a about a nice spot in Howard Beach off of Cross Bay Blvd for 31L departures/13R arrivals, can anyone direct me towards that?

For LGA, I need to know how to get to the area's for R13. I have seen pics taken at some location off of College Point Blvd, that give a view straight down R13/31. Does anyone know of an area? And in general, what other good JFK/LGA spots does antyone know of?

Thanks alot,

-Tom

Re: JFK/LGA Spotting

Sure can...This is for JFK...

I actually have a great spot that's not inside the airport, but you can observe most of the JFK air performances, but is especially good for 31R arrivals, 22L & 22R arrivals, 4L & 4R departures, and 13L and some 13R departures. It's great because it's not on airport property, merely just outside the perimeter. If you go down Penninsula Blvd. in Lynbrook heading south, a few blocks before Rockaway Blvd. (which runs right behind the 22's), there is a street called Branch blvd. Heading south on Penninsula, make a right (you can only go in that direction, not left) onto branch and go a mile (maybe more) down the two-lane road until you hit a very sharp right curve. As soon as the curve ends, there will be a park on your left. Go left into the park and straight into the parking lot. You should be right on the water. Right across the water is Rockaway Blvd. and right beyond that, the rest of the airport. It's really a fantastic spot, I love to go there. You have great views of most of the aircraft in the air on approach and departure. It's even better if you go with a scanner. You don't have to deal with any port police or anything like that either. Good luck, have a great time!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What's good everyone?

Well a few things...

I remember reading a while ago, about some park in Lynbrook (Or was it Long Beach) where you can get a great view of JFK 31 arrivals and departures. Can anyone tell me where that is?

Also, I remember hearing a about a nice spot in Howard Beach off of Cross Bay Blvd for 31L departures/13R arrivals, can anyone direct me towards that?

For LGA, I need to know how to get to the area's for R13. I have seen pics taken at some location off of College Point Blvd, that give a view straight down R13/31. Does anyone know of an area? And in general, what other good JFK/LGA spots does antyone know of?

Thanks alot,

-Tom