boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Waterworld

I understand that Waterworld is on again, for those who live "up north" (i.e. north of the Kennet & Avon ;-)
My husband tried to record it for me last week on our Sky box (via satellite dish), but all I got was a blue screen and the sound effects from Eastenders :-(
Can anyone tell me what we need to do differently? (We live in the south east (Meridian) region.
Yours hopefully,
Mattt.

Re: Waterworld

Firstly, you can't record "other channels" on a Sky+ box but recording to a VCR, DVD Recorder or a Hard Disk recorder is OK.

All Sky boxes can be set up to receive "other channels". For Central, press "services" then "system setup" followed by "add channels".

Key in 10758 for the frequency,
Leave polarisation at "V"
set the "symbol rate" to 22 Mbaud and
FEC to 5/6
with "find channels" highlighted, press select

Tab down to Central and select with the "yellow" button then select.

Press "services" again then "other channels"
With Central highlighted, select it.

Central ITV will now be output from the SCART socket for the TV. Feed this to your TV via the recorder. (I'm not certain the VCR SCART will output this signal because I feed the TV out to my recorder's in then the recorder out to the TV - but it may be ok.)

I suggest you try with another programme you dont want, and can delete once found ok, to make certain it will work next time

Locks and Quays is on Granada at the same time and day! Granada is also one of the channels available via the above set-up and with two Sky boxes and two recorders, both can be recorded!

My Sky+ box looses the other channels most weeks thus the above process must be followed each time!

ITV is now free to air on satellite thus a Sky card is not needed to receive these channels (BBC is also FTA).

Finally, both Waterworld and Locks & Quays are available via the internet on the ITV Local facility of Central and Granada respectively.

Re: Re: Waterworld

Hi Robin.
Thanks for the info.
Re."My Sky+ box loses the other channels most weeks thus the above process must be followed each time!"; perhaps that's the problem; if we try to set the box the previous day to record, maybe it's losing it before the program starts?
We don't have Sky+, just a regular box that works with the dish, & a hard disk video recorder. We'll follow your instructions & try again!
Many thanks,
Mattt.