boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 50% share

Hello Sue,

You do not say what type of boat you are wanting to share 50/50. Is it a Narrow boat on cannals or a cruiser on the rivers or Norfolk Broads?

I suggest that you decide what type of boat you are looking for, the age of the boat you have in mind and where you are going to keep it.

Any form of share scheme requires a contract to be drawn up to provide protection for any of parties concerned. You will require have to think about how you are going to insure, licence, maintain and moor your boat.

A 50/50 share will cut some of the costs on any boat but unless you are retired or are flush with cash you may be better looking at more people for the syndicate your ideal size I would say should be 20% or 25% (four or five people).

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
Ranworth Breeze Boat Syndicate
www.ranworthbreeze.co.uk

Thanks 4 ur reply Alan ....we r interested in a narrowboat....a 25%would b ok......do u have any leads....thanks sue 3G3

Re: 50% share or 25%

Hello Sue: I think you have a great idea and I also have been looking for shares as I dont want to have the full cost of my own boat, but 4 weeks as do offer most shares is too little.

Today I found a good web forum at: http://www.exownerships.co.uk

I am logged in there and would like to discuss the possibility further. As the other reply to your post states, to limit cost possibly a 1/4 is a viable, depending on the value of the narrow boat?

Hi Dave thanks for ur reply.......that site won't let me log in!

Sue

If you are still interested in a 50/50 share then please phone
me on 07966015336.
We have a boat for immediate use or happy to find new or used boat ASAP.

This messeage also applies to anyone else who may be interested.

Regards

John

Sue

If you are still interested in a 50/50 narrowboat share then please call me on 07966015336.
I have a boat for immediate use or happy to search for a new or used alternative.

This message is also for anyone else who may be interested.

John

Sue, I am interested in a 50% share in a narrowboat. What size and sharing arrangement do you have in mind?