boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ownerships Sales Record??

Hi all,

Just reading the front page of this website and was surprised at the assertion that "OwnerShips, had a remarkable track record in selling used (and new) shares, that is for sure."

Really?!?

Before the OS forum was taken down I counted something like 100 second hand shares for sale across the fleet - possibly far more as there may have been multiple shares for sale in each boat. Not only that but the now infamous 'Buy back' scheme looked like a pretty desperate measure to get sales at any cost. One which sadly seems to have backfired.

Perhaps OS used to have a good sales record, but latterly it didn't look that good at all.

Neil.

Re: Ownerships Sales Record??

We were one of the Oldest in the Fleet and did have a buy back share that was bought last year, we now have a full compliment of owners running independently at this time.
O/S did sell shares, they were the largest organisation, and the buy back in essence was not a bad idea, it was not using the money coming in prudently that was the main problem trying to carry on expanding with new luxury levels etc., the core business was forgotten.
I think the "free Management Scheme" was the biggest problem, in Hindsight maybe it should have been a discounted management scheme

Re: Ownerships Sales Record??

Neil:

On the day the Ownerships "Boats for Sale" web site was taken down there were 111 shares listed for sale.

The brake down was:

52 shares for boats that entered the system between 1991 and 1999

38 shares for boats that entered the system between 2000 and 2009

and

21 shares for boats that entered (scheduled to enter) the system in 2010.

As a prospective buyer I posted a message on the "Boats & Canals Forum" asking any prospective seller to contact me directly or list details of their share on "Boatshare.

What I find interesting is that not one seller has listed their share for sale on Phillip's site since the announcement of Ownerships' demise. It makes me wonder just how many of those 111 shares are in Ownerships name and therefore will be tied up in litigation for quite some time.

I realize that some sellers may have had second thoughts about selling their share until the financial and management/private decisions are resolved.

John Brinnand