boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The OS board has moved

Sometime during the course of this morning, Allan Richards decided to close the OS message board and move it elsewhere. Why? Maybe he was upset at the support Peter Scott was getting :-).
The new board (a rather obscure one which is not easy to navigate, I understand) says that registration only takes a few seconds which implies that the OK email is sent to you automatically when you register. This didn't happen however. Instead I got a "holding" email telling me that the administrator of the board would need to OK my application!!! So much for all the helpful suggestions on where the OS board should be held which users of the old board made. The most popular suggestion was to have the OS board as part of this one.
Doesn't seem right to me to suddenly close the old board and move it where it will be moderated by "shared owners" Who are they, I wonder?

Ann, in suspicious mood.

Re: The OS board has moved

Yes, have registered but not had even a holding email yet. The fact I have nothing to say today is irrelevant, I would like to be able to say it!
It also feels like another "loss" after everything else.

Sorry folks. I fear it may have been my post in support of Peter (see separate posting) that triggered this sudden move.

I realise that this is a very difficult time for all, but surely restricting the forum in this way flies in the face of the promised open approach going forward. Even Allen Matthews didn't support this level of censorship.

I registered like others have mentioned and received the holding e-mail. After a while, I thought I would try the site anyway and found that i had full access so it might be worth trying it yourselves.

Regards

Howard

Received no email but have been accepted. Just tried after a couple of hours.
Like a coalition government just getting used to something new.

Looks like everything Ownerships is being got rid of ASAP!I just hope that when Phil capp gets going,he gets another message Board going again.(Preferably run by someone who does not just arbitrarily close things down)!

I shall look to this board for Ownerships comment etc.from now on. I have utmost confidence in Philip Duerden's moderation of it.

I to would like to know who the Ex O/S moderators are.
It is fairly ironic that a journalist does not believe in the freedom of the written word and sits moderateing and censoring a board then moving it without the contributors knowledge.

I wonder how he would feel if the freedom of the press was removed!

You are just winding up long standing O/S owners with your censorship and dictatorial methods I do not even think you are an owner so get down from your podium and leave us Owners alone to communicate freely.

Well done Philip in keeping an open and free of censorship board in the best traditions of the old O/S board.

Power to O/S boaters

During saturdays meeting we talked about a New Ownerships being open and transparent to it its owners.
Is Allan Richards new forum a shining example of this new openess?

Keeping my counsel on Allen Richards and/or the new board until I know more I have a strong opinion about self styled "freedom fighters" that are not even free enough to say who they are.

Chris NB SOMNIA

Well Chris I can call myself by any name and you will know no more. But if I did give my real name then I might not be allowed to join the new censored O/S board. PS people use pusedonyms on the new O/S board, is that OK to do that there?

I am a long standing O/S shareholder and I do object to what Allan Richards has done to OUR forum. He hijacked it then removed it, we do need to object to this dictatorial action. As I said so much for freedom of the press and the written word. Also I never posted any offensive or any advertising threads on the O/S board, or this board.

James.