boatshare.co.uk

boatshare.co.uk - a totally free to use web site for all those interested in saving money by sharing boats. Got a question or a view? Get posting!!

NOTE: - Look RIGHT, this message board may well have TWO scroll bars on your screen - use BOTH!!

boatshare.co.uk
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Philip's important announcement

In response to Graham (whom I know personally) I would say this:-

The offer I am making to OwnerShips customers is exactly the same as the one I made to Challenger customers when that firm folded, with the exception of those who are affected by the shares owned by OwnerShips themselves which needed to be sold on. In this case I have said that if the owners GO IT ALONE then they can have a free advert here for their “buy back” shares, which I would say is a token gesture is the whole scheme of things.

Yes, in the short term this MIGHT drive prices down, but the prices are determined by market forces, not me. If I withdrew the offer to help out these groups free, they could pay for their adverts and put them on at the same price, so my offer would not necessarily affect the prices at all. I am just trying to lend a hand to some people whom I regarded as friends some years ago…..

Of course where owners “GO IT ALONE” then their boats are no different to the vast majority of boats for whom I carry adverts….ex Challenger (now private) ex The Boatshare Company (now private) ex Heron Boatshare (now private)… and so ex OwnerShips (now….er Private?).

This web site is there to be used by ALL, and if they are holders of shares in boats, or looking to buy shares in boats then so much the better. Traffic since the OwnerShips problems have come to light has never been higher, and this can only be good for MY customers (advertisers) and the more traffic I can generate the better for all of them.