Return to Website

Bipolarconnection Chit Chat

Welcome to Bipolarconnection Message Board. Moderator for this board is: Raveven any questions or concerns Please feel free to e-mail Raeven at MistRaeven@aol.com

Bipolarconnection Chit Chat
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: newer drugs

Hi - I was on Paxil and Risperdal for quite a long time and it worked well for me. I was just taken off the Risperdal because there is some concern about stroke with female heart patients, which I am. Have been o.k. since going off Risperdal - a little over a month now.

There is so much out there for bipolar people that I have a hard time believing your shrink can't try something new every time you come up allergic to a medication.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Lithium toxicity has brought ny kidney functioning down to 50%, elevated my creatinine level in my blood and increased protein in my urine. It looks like I need to go off lithium to avoid renal failure. Treatment with depakote, tegretol, and trileptal have been unsuccessful in preventing mania. We tried Neurontin but it caused ataxia. Has anyone tried any of the newer drugs? Many have not gone though clinical trials so I am asking consumers their experiences. My psychiatrist acually suggested I ask consumers since there is no clinical data.