Return to Website

Bipolarconnection Chit Chat

Welcome to Bipolarconnection Message Board. Moderator for this board is: Raveven any questions or concerns Please feel free to e-mail Raeven at MistRaeven@aol.com

Bipolarconnection Chit Chat
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: bipolar

Hi there!

Surviving is a good way to put things when everything sucks but you are still going on. I think that's what I'll tell people when they ask how I am-surviving. I'm sorry you have to go back on the lithium. Have you tried any other meds? I had a Dr. from the county and that's all he would prescribe, even though my Paxil and Lamictal worked fine before I went to him and he switchd me. The Lithium was awful for me. I can relate to the sexual dysfunction part. I'm on meds for fibromyalgia, lupus, bipolar, and about another 8 smaller things. This last year from the meds I suddenly am having sexual problems, and thinking, "If the illnesses aren't bad enough, and then to have thison top of it!" It makes me feel very guilty which I know it shouldn't, but you know how that can happen.

How often are you off and on the meds? What does the Dr. say about certain meds and are there any you can be on for bipolar if you are pregnant. I went off all my meds when I got pregnant and it was a really rough pregnancy, I couldn't work or anything, but had a beautiful girl 18 years ago. She's had bipolar since she was a young teen though and since hrs is so severe, it makes me think it's anyone's guess with any illness whether they get pregnant or not.

I meant for this to cheer you up a bit and haven't done so at all. All I can say is that I'm glad you had a small break from bipolar, and I'm srry it has come back. Please write us back to let me know if you are doing better or worse. Thanks for writing in.

Love, and light,

Raeven

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Well about a month ago I started back on Lithium. I had not been on any medication for about a year previous, but I started having some of the same symptoms coming back again. It is really frustrating, I wish I was like other people (healthy people), but Im not. I want to have another child, but that means coming off of the lithium and Im scared of the consequences. And I also have the sexual dysfunction thing going on, but I made a committment to myself to not let that interfere this time with my relationship with my spouse. Anyway I just needed to vent for a little bit.