Return to Website

Bipolarconnection Chit Chat

Welcome to Bipolarconnection Message Board. Moderator for this board is: Raveven any questions or concerns Please feel free to e-mail Raeven at MistRaeven@aol.com

Bipolarconnection Chit Chat
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Baby

I am bipolar and was so scared to have a baby and did have an aborption. I feel really bad that I did that, but at that time it was the only thing I felt I could do. If she feels that way, I guess you will have to let her do what she needs to do. I still struggle with my decision, but I was so up and down at the time that was the only thing I could do. I talked to no one about it and did it all by myself. But, maybe if I could have talked to someone it would have been different. Just let her know that you love her no matter what and things will work out. Write me back if you want. I know it's a tough decision, but when you have bipolar no one can tell you what to do as your moods jump from one thing to another.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am on this board because my sister was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder four years ago and has been on lamictal. It has worked amazingly well. 8 weeks ago, she found out that she was pregnant and went off her medication. She has left her husband, wants to abort the baby (which is against her normal view . . . very pro-life), and really just crashed. I was wondering if anyone knows what we can do to help her. We are frantic to do anything to help. Any advice will help. Thanks.

Re: Baby

Hi there!

I just wanted to thank you for your input and openess about a rough subject. I didn't know if people were reading the board! It helps so much because I'm only going on my own life experiences and you could have helped make a big difference that I couldn't. I hope you'll post again.

Love, joy, and peace,

Raeven

Re: Bipolar and Pregnant

Your sister needs to get to a Dr fast!!! Only a doctor and her OBGYN can really help. Bipolar is not easy to deal with by yourself. I am sure that when she gets back on meds, she will feel and think alot differently. My prayers are with you and her as well as the baby!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am on this board because my sister was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder four years ago and has been on lamictal. It has worked amazingly well. 8 weeks ago, she found out that she was pregnant and went off her medication. She has left her husband, wants to abort the baby (which is against her normal view . . . very pro-life), and really just crashed. I was wondering if anyone knows what we can do to help her. We are frantic to do anything to help. Any advice will help. Thanks.