Return to Website

Bipolarconnection Chit Chat

Welcome to Bipolarconnection Message Board. Moderator for this board is: Raveven any questions or concerns Please feel free to e-mail Raeven at MistRaeven@aol.com

Bipolarconnection Chit Chat
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I care about your mental health services

Hello. I have been diagnosed bi-polar since I was a young teen. The journey of my mood disorder has been torturous and scary and exciting and hopeful. I now feel ready to return to college. I will be taking only one class (don’t want to over do it and get stressed). The course I am taking is Cross Cultural Psychology. This subject encompasses many aspects of mental health from various cultures. I will be learning about mental wellness as well as the struggles we must work through every day- from housing to funding; services; and other prominent issues.

My request from you, as a person who is being treated for a mental disorder or if you have a family member in the system- is for you to say your piece on the services you have received since being diagnosed, be it a positive experience or a negative one.

(All experiences I receive will be anonymous, please use your first name only.)

My plan for this project is both for personal interest, as I am having a difficult time with "community health care." And I think your stories must be told in the interest of our legislatures and the National Institute of Clinical Excellence. We need to let them know if we are receiving proper care (counseling, education and medication) and if we are not, WHY NOT???

Please send me your insight at creativity_within@hotmail.com
Thank you and I wish you well.
Bella