W.C.G.B.A & Cunliffe Arms Bowling Club Message Boards

Welcome to the W.C.G.B.A. & Cunliffe Arms Forum.

Feel free to post a message.

Cunliffe Arms Bowling Club Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cunliffe Green

I know we have an excellent home record (all the Cunliffe teams) but when you are struggling for a length there is no way you can lose your opponent unless the green is flying. If you are playing at say the Parciau or Esclusham your opponent has many tricky or falling marks to fall back on to claw back points. The Cunliffe green would be transformed if a crown could be built on it! Unfortunately due to the cost involved this is highly unlikely to happen...

Re: Re: Cunliffe Green

I am surprised at the lack of comments on this topic and can only assume that everybody is happy with the green!!
I look forward to a moan free season for 2007 with no mention of a bumpy or heavy green!!

I have to agree with Rhys, I thought this topic would have provided some interesting talking points, both with our members and visitors.

For those of you who do not know the Cunliffe Bowling Green, the point of this topic is that the green, although situated in as pleasing a position as you could wish to hope for, the actual green although quite big in size, does not have much of a crown on it.

So therefore it is assumed to be an easy green to play on, and although I would agree with Rhys who states about struggling to get out of trouble if you happen to be down in a game, the results of the Cunliffe teams do not bear out that fact, because very few teams win at the Cunliffe in any League.

Just found your website mal.nothing wrong with the green just found it harder to bowl as a homester than a visitor as you pointed out to me last season.when it runs its as tricky as anything else in wrexham.good luck in the welsh counties next season hope you get promoted.

I PERSONALLY HATE THE CUNLIFFE GREEN AND HAVE NEVER DONE WELL THERE, THINK ITS BECAUSE ITS GOT NO CROWN AND ITS ALL TIGHT MARKS, BET CUNLIFFE DO WELL AS A TEAM AT ELLESMERE, PLEASE INVEST IN A CROWN!

ONLY KIDDING! ITS A GOOD HOME GREEN AND THAT IS SURELY WHAT BOWLS IS ALL ABOUT WIN YOUR HOME MATCHES AND PICNH AS MANY WINS AWAY FROM HOME AS YOU CAN

RUBEN! RHOS IS THE BEST GREEN IN THE AREA WHEN ITS RUNNING WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT-THE FASTER THE BETTER !

rhos is very tricky when its quick geraint, as is llay and esclusham problem is we dont get to play on them enough before the hose pipes come out.