LATEST INFO of JESSICA
**Hong Kong
ViuTV原創劇《極度俏郎君》 featuring 宣萱、姜皓文、張慧儀以及ERROR四子 broadcast on April 17, 2023 @ 9:30pm. Monday through Friday *EVERYDAY* *B-net  

OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Hahahha...English sub is for non-Chinese

Obvious, English Subtitle is for non-Chinese. I know a little of Cantonese so I can understand what "Lo Por Jai" means. However, my Caucasian buddies will never understand it when they watch this series no matter how I explain. So "Sweetie Pie" is really a big help here

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I perfer Lo por jai better than sweetie pie... I don't even like english subtitles... it just loses that element... and is quite distracting. Anyways, i find it funny they translated to Sweetie Pie, it so cute!

Replying to:

I'm very happy with TVB English subtitle this time. They translated "Lo Por Jai" as "Sweetie Pie". So Ah Wong calls Jessica's character "Sweetie Pie" all the time. This is just so adorable. At first, I was thinking that TVB might translate "Lo Por Jai" as "Little Honey" or "Sweetie" but "Sweetie Pie" was even better and more intimate. And his favorite sweetie pie calls Roger's character either "Ah Wong" or "Honey Bun". Soo..sooo..cute together

Re: Hahahha...English sub is for non-Chinese

lol "Lo Por Jai" is best explained in the original Square Pegs the best. No english words are equivolent to "Lo Por Jai".. but i find Sweetie pie acceptable... if they directly translated to little wife... its kinda werid in english. Seeing Square Pegs before really gives meaning to "Lo Por Jai" without seeing it I doubt i would be enjoying Life Made Simple as much... i do empahsize AS MUCH. I love the references to the first Sqaure Pegs in episode 1. And i knew that you didn't use the english subtitles because I was sure you knew Chinese.

Replying to:

Obvious, English Subtitle is for non-Chinese. I know a little of Cantonese so I can understand what "Lo Por Jai" means. However, my Caucasian buddies will never understand it when they watch this series no matter how I explain. So "Sweetie Pie" is really a big help here

Replying to:

I perfer Lo por jai better than sweetie pie... I don't even like english subtitles... it just loses that element... and is quite distracting. Anyways, i find it funny they translated to Sweetie Pie, it so cute!

Replying to:

I'm very happy with TVB English subtitle this time. They translated "Lo Por Jai" as "Sweetie Pie". So Ah Wong calls Jessica's character "Sweetie Pie" all the time. This is just so adorable. At first, I was thinking that TVB might translate "Lo Por Jai" as "Little Honey" or "Sweetie" but "Sweetie Pie" was even better and more intimate. And his favorite sweetie pie calls Roger's character either "Ah Wong" or "Honey Bun". Soo..sooo..cute together

Rita...you're spot on...

in explaining the significance of Square Pegs in giving "Lo Por Jai" its true meaning.

Replying to:

lol "Lo Por Jai" is best explained in the original Square Pegs the best. No english words are equivolent to "Lo Por Jai".. but i find Sweetie pie acceptable... if they directly translated to little wife... its kinda werid in english. Seeing Square Pegs before really gives meaning to "Lo Por Jai" without seeing it I doubt i would be enjoying Life Made Simple as much... i do empahsize AS MUCH. I love the references to the first Sqaure Pegs in episode 1. And i knew that you didn't use the english subtitles because I was sure you knew Chinese.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

cool, thks for the tip about english vs chinese....hehe

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Haha, cute....
But a little bit too cute... lol XD

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Sina (Mircoblog) : CLICK HERE
News collection website: http://www.suenhuen.com/
For Jessica WEBSITES, goto: The Strongest Links
OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.