LATEST INFO of JESSICA
**Hong Kong
ViuTV原創劇《極度俏郎君》 featuring 宣萱、姜皓文、張慧儀以及ERROR四子 broadcast on April 17, 2023 @ 9:30pm. Monday through Friday *EVERYDAY* *B-net  

OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
More than agree!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

There has been numerous comments on how Jessica has been doing only strong women roles since DIF IV. To be fair to her, one should understand that Jessica is at the stage of her career where every role that she plays is the leading lady role. How many leading lady roles are there in a series where the character is weak/whiny/uncertain/confused? It's pretty obvious that most of the leading female characters in a tv series are strong/hardy women. It is not that Jessica doesn't know how to handle "weak women" roles...a case in point is Secret of The Heart. She did a superb job in it as a weak female character.

For those of you who have watched Qian Nu You Hun, both the leading characters played by Xiu Dong and Big S are weak and whiny. I'm sure many ended up irritated by them and preferred the "supporting" characters played by Jessica and Jason Wu (who happened to be the "stronger couple" in the series)! Who wants a whiny, weak leading male/female character in a series! So, stop complaining, unless you are happy with Jessica playing second fiddle in the tv series in weak women roles (which are mostly supporting roles, by the way)!

Re: Re: Jessica and her "tough ladies" roles

同意﹗其實﹐只要JESSICA有拍戲﹐那我就會很開心了﹐不管是什麼角色。因為﹐一想到可以看到由JESSICA參與演出的戲劇﹐那就很滿足了。 想想一年只看到JESSICA的一部戲而已﹐然後又要等下一年就.....痴痴等....

嗯...一個資深的演員﹐不管是不是演同樣的角色﹐每次演戲時的效果都會不同﹐因為就只有"越做越好"而已﹗

“倩女幽魂”這戲我好喜歡宣萱的角色﹗宣萱一人演三角色-- 黑髮紅葉﹐白髮紅葉﹐夢裡開心的紅葉。每個紅葉的表情與性格都有些不同﹐但宣萱卻能成功的演活了這三種不同的性格﹗整部戲﹐讓我家人感興趣看的角色就是紅葉與流雲了。其它的......

所以﹐不怕Jessica演什麼角色﹐只怕宣萱沒演戲﹗

Replying to:

There has been numerous comments on how Jessica has been doing only strong women roles since DIF IV. To be fair to her, one should understand that Jessica is at the stage of her career where every role that she plays is the leading lady role. How many leading lady roles are there in a series where the character is weak/whiny/uncertain/confused? It's pretty obvious that most of the leading female characters in a tv series are strong/hardy women. It is not that Jessica doesn't know how to handle "weak women" roles...a case in point is Secret of The Heart. She did a superb job in it as a weak female character.

For those of you who have watched Qian Nu You Hun, both the leading characters played by Xiu Dong and Big S are weak and whiny. I'm sure many ended up irritated by them and preferred the "supporting" characters played by Jessica and Jason Wu (who happened to be the "stronger couple" in the series)! Who wants a whiny, weak leading male/female character in a series! So, stop complaining, unless you are happy with Jessica playing second fiddle in the tv series in weak women roles (which are mostly supporting roles, by the way)!

Re: Re: Re: Jessica and her "tough ladies" roles

I truly agrees with you, Ngee. I have been following her movies for a long time and I think TVB has finally done justice to her by casting her in more prominent roles. She has been playing second fiddle in a lot series until series like Game of Deceit, Lady Fan and most recently Square Pegs.

Greetings,

I normally frequent these sites to check on upcoming programs and new movies but never, ever post…….until now. Let me start out by saying I’m a big fan of Ms. Hsuan; well done Jessica, I’ve enjoyed your programs over the years. With that said, I couldn’t disagree with you more on what you and the HK media term as “Tough Lady” roles; as a matter of fact, I considered her characters in “Handful of Love” and “Just Love” to be anything but TOUGH!……more “Weak”, Uncertain” and “Confused”. For the record, my criticism falls squarely on the writing staff at TVB.

Don’t confuse a “Tough” or “Strong” character as being able to command the other characters, but should be commanding the situation in the series. This was not the case in either “Handful of Love” or “Just Love”, compared to “Lady Fan”, or “Square Pegs” where the character did what she had to do, setting aside her own feelings. Now that’s a character that the audience will root for! Btw, a comment was made that these were “weak” roles for her, and I’m thinking that it was because she showed more human emotions in those series that the post-er thought that.

Okay, my two cents have been said, and I hear the “BOOOs” and see the rotten tomato’s and heads of lettuces flying in my direction as I leave this forum; but I’ll leave you folks with one of my favorite famous quotes:

“Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”

Cheers All!

Replying to:

i agree with Bubbles!

Now i am watching Qian Nu You Hun, i like Jessica's role than the leading role. As what Bubbles said, sometimes i really can't stand the two leading roles. Unlike Jessica who acted cool, smart & strong.

i still prefer her to act in strong character that suit her more!

Sina (Mircoblog) : CLICK HERE
News collection website: http://www.suenhuen.com/
For Jessica WEBSITES, goto: The Strongest Links
OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.