LATEST INFO of JESSICA
**Hong Kong
ViuTV原創劇《極度俏郎君》 featuring 宣萱、姜皓文、張慧儀以及ERROR四子 broadcast on April 17, 2023 @ 9:30pm. Monday through Friday *EVERYDAY* *B-net  

OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re:English translation of Mingpao weekly #1908

I guess when we look at Jessica and marvel at her achievements - her beauty, acting talent, wealth and fame, it seems she has the perfect life. But at the end of the day, what she said is true- that in life, you win some; you lose some. She has sacrificed a lot esp her love life, in order to get to where she is today.

It is also probably difficult for her to find Mr Right due to her status. Rich and powerful men may be playboys who only like her only for her looks and fame. It takes a special man to be able to be her life partner. One who is trusting and confident enough not to be jealous of her male co-stars, very understanding towards her hectic and irregular schedule and accepts her for who she is. Any eligible male fans out there who fits the bill?

Personally, I think it is a pity that the timing issue with her ex boyfriend of 6 yrs dint work out. I hope that, if he is stil single and reading this forum, to re-think this as well and perhaps give this relationship another try?

Sometimes life is unpredictable, and maybe just as jessica is going to give up finding Mr right, he may appear in her life without her consciously seeking him.

So don't give up, Jessica!! Stay positve and happy!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thank u so much for the translation..it was well translated!..this article made me knew Jessica more in detail..her background,wat she actually thinks..wat pressure n position is she in..so n so..but then she doesnt show out her sadness nor depression on her face,therefore..we as her fan always tinks that shes happy..i would rather Jessica xpress it all out than keeping it inside n bearing such pressure alone..No matter wat,wher n when..as her fans we'll always stand by her side..support her n lend our shoulder to her if she needs to lean on..*ciao*

Take care Jessica!
Luv,
JeSS

Replying to:

Hi Su far, Trieu Minh and other non-chinese speaking fans,

I managed to buy a copy of this HK magazine in Singapore yesterday for S$6. So glad that i managed to find a copy here.

Now i will try my best to translate it for you guys. It is a pretty long article so i don't think i am able to do it verbatim or word-for-word. I will translate the significant paragraphs that reveal Jessica's thinking and for us to know her a little better.

Title of the article is "Suen Huen admits to suffering the repercussions of falling out of love".

Jessica got to know her dentist ex-boyfriend at the end of 2003 through friends' recommendation and started dating him. She cut down her workload in 2004 by doing only one serial that year, both for health reasons as well as to spend more time with him. But they separated in Feb this year. Though this relationship lasted only 1-year plus, it has changed her attitude towards love, marriage and children.

Jessica says that she used to be anxious looking for Mr Right in the past. But now she knows that finding Mr Right is hard and is no longer pressurised to find him. But now the pressure comes from wanting to have children as she does not want to be too old when she has them. In future, she is willing to be an unwed mother if she finds a guy she likes but feels that he is unsuitable as a marriage partner.

One other reason for her wanting to have kids soon is that her dad who is already more than 80 years old, has expressed his wish to have grandchildren. Since her elder brother has indicated he won't have children soon, the responsibility has fallen on her to fulfil her dad's wish.

The reasons cited for her breakup with the dentist are: different lifestyles and personalities. While she prefers quiet activities after her work, such as playing with her dogs at home, diving (where no one will recognise her under the sea) and grocery shopping , he prefers to entertain. In terms of personality, she is strong and independent in his eyes; not the submissive type who will always give in to him.

Jessica explains that although she had tried to change to accommodate him, as anyone would if she likes someone, there has to be a certain limit. She had tried hard to make this relationship work but in the end finds that they are not suitable for each other.

After this breakup, she is more relaxed and is less strong-willed than before. She feels that her own happiness is more important.

As regards the previous boyfriend, Mr Yong, whom she dated for 6 years before they split, Jessica thinks it was due to poor timing when they knew each other as they were both very busy with their own careers and hardly spent time together. If they had only met now, the ending could have been a good one. They no longer keep in touch currently, but do acknowledge each other if they meet in public.

Jessica indicates she does not regret her decision to have split with him (Yong) because she knows that a career does affect a person's love life. Had she not been so focused on her career in the past, perhaps she would have been already married by now. She acknowledged that female artistes have a limited shelf life in the entertainment industry, she cannot possibly wait til she is 40 yrs old before she works hard. She seized the career opportunities back then and is aware that in life, you win some, you lose some.

Jessica is prepared that she may not be married afterall. She feels it is increasingly difficult to find a partner now as those who are within the entertainment industry is limited in number while she is wary of those from outside the industry as she feels they may not understand her working environment and lifestyle.

Jessica states that she cannot marry into a rich and influential family as it would mean having to do things she does not like to do and having her feelings ignored. She will not accept this as she has her own opinions and needs mutual give-and-take attitude in the relationship.

Most people know that Jessican did not like children in the past and they now ask why the sudden thought of becoming an unwed mother? She does not think it is due to the sudden onset of maternal instinct, but rather, she has interacted with her friends' kids and knows that children can be lovable and well behaved depending on how you bring them up. So she no longer dislikes them but thinks they are ok.

Jessica explains she had a happy and healthy childhood and hopes she can have her children soon so that she still has the energy to play with them, much like her mother played table tennis with her when she was a little girl. Such memories still give her tremendous joy when she reminisces about her childhood.

Phew, this is about all. Hope I did not make any factual errors in translation. Jessica and fans, pls forgive me if i did, any mistakes made are purely unintentional

Re: Re: Re: Re:English translation of Mingpao weekly #1908

Yeps..Jessica looks so perfect outside..both financially n self independent,beauty,talent,popularity..its like everything she has got it..at times,i duno to feel happy to see Jessica have that broad smile on her face or to feel sad..Is she really happy or is she just pretending to be,so that we as her fans wont be worried??..Yes,i agree its hard to find her mr.right..lets say,if her mr.right really appears sometime later,i personally prefer that Jessica not to hve any children..coz 35 yrs old is the time to stop giving birth for a woman..if a woman is to give birth after that age,its like risking her life..n i wouldnt want Jessica to do that..but then if Jessica insist,of coures i would support her..am just expressing out wat i think..i really feel uneasy n sad after reading the translated article!..*ciao*

Replying to:

I guess when we look at Jessica and marvel at her achievements - her beauty, acting talent, wealth and fame, it seems she has the perfect life. But at the end of the day, what she said is true- that in life, you win some; you lose some. She has sacrificed a lot esp her love life, in order to get to where she is today.

It is also probably difficult for her to find Mr Right due to her status. Rich and powerful men may be playboys who only like her only for her looks and fame. It takes a special man to be able to be her life partner. One who is trusting and confident enough not to be jealous of her male co-stars, very understanding towards her hectic and irregular schedule and accepts her for who she is. Any eligible male fans out there who fits the bill?

Personally, I think it is a pity that the timing issue with her ex boyfriend of 6 yrs dint work out. I hope that, if he is stil single and reading this forum, to re-think this as well and perhaps give this relationship another try?

Sometimes life is unpredictable, and maybe just as jessica is going to give up finding Mr right, he may appear in her life without her consciously seeking him.

So don't give up, Jessica!! Stay positve and happy!

Replying to:

Thank u so much for the translation..it was well translated!..this article made me knew Jessica more in detail..her background,wat she actually thinks..wat pressure n position is she in..so n so..but then she doesnt show out her sadness nor depression on her face,therefore..we as her fan always tinks that shes happy..i would rather Jessica xpress it all out than keeping it inside n bearing such pressure alone..No matter wat,wher n when..as her fans we'll always stand by her side..support her n lend our shoulder to her if she needs to lean on..*ciao*

Take care Jessica!
Luv,
JeSS

Replying to:

I managed to buy a copy of this HK magazine in Singapore yesterday for S$6. So glad that i managed to find a copy here.

Now i will try my best to translate it for you guys. It is a pretty long article so i don't think i am able to do it verbatim or word-for-word. I will translate the significant paragraphs that reveal Jessica's thinking and for us to know her a little better.

Title of the article is "Suen Huen admits to suffering the repercussions of falling out of love".

Jessica got to know her dentist ex-boyfriend at the end of 2003 through friends' recommendation and started dating him. She cut down her workload in 2004 by doing only one serial that year, both for health reasons as well as to spend more time with him. But they separated in Feb this year. Though this relationship lasted only 1-year plus, it has changed her attitude towards love, marriage and children.

Jessica says that she used to be anxious looking for Mr Right in the past. But now she knows that finding Mr Right is hard and is no longer pressurised to find him. But now the pressure comes from wanting to have children as she does not want to be too old when she has them. In future, she is willing to be an unwed mother if she finds a guy she likes but feels that he is unsuitable as a marriage partner.

One other reason for her wanting to have kids soon is that her dad who is already more than 80 years old, has expressed his wish to have grandchildren. Since her elder brother has indicated he won't have children soon, the responsibility has fallen on her to fulfil her dad's wish.

The reasons cited for her breakup with the dentist are: different lifestyles and personalities. While she prefers quiet activities after her work, such as playing with her dogs at home, diving (where no one will recognise her under the sea) and grocery shopping , he prefers to entertain. In terms of personality, she is strong and independent in his eyes; not the submissive type who will always give in to him.

Jessica explains that although she had tried to change to accommodate him, as anyone would if she likes someone, there has to be a certain limit. She had tried hard to make this relationship work but in the end finds that they are not suitable for each other.

After this breakup, she is more relaxed and is less strong-willed than before. She feels that her own happiness is more important.

As regards the previous boyfriend, Mr Yong, whom she dated for 6 years before they split, Jessica thinks it was due to poor timing when they knew each other as they were both very busy with their own careers and hardly spent time together. If they had only met now, the ending could have been a good one. They no longer keep in touch currently, but do acknowledge each other if they meet in public.

Jessica indicates she does not regret her decision to have split with him (Yong) because she knows that a career does affect a person's love life. Had she not been so focused on her career in the past, perhaps she would have been already married by now. She acknowledged that female artistes have a limited shelf life in the entertainment industry, she cannot possibly wait til she is 40 yrs old before she works hard. She seized the career opportunities back then and is aware that in life, you win some, you lose some.

Jessica is prepared that she may not be married afterall. She feels it is increasingly difficult to find a partner now as those who are within the entertainment industry is limited in number while she is wary of those from outside the industry as she feels they may not understand her working environment and lifestyle.

Jessica states that she cannot marry into a rich and influential family as it would mean having to do things she does not like to do and having her feelings ignored. She will not accept this as she has her own opinions and needs mutual give-and-take attitude in the relationship.

Most people know that Jessican did not like children in the past and they now ask why the sudden thought of becoming an unwed mother? She does not think it is due to the sudden onset of maternal instinct, but rather, she has interacted with her friends' kids and knows that children can be lovable and well behaved depending on how you bring them up. So she no longer dislikes them but thinks they are ok.

Jessica explains she had a happy and healthy childhood and hopes she can have her children soon so that she still has the energy to play with them, much like her mother played table tennis with her when she was a little girl. Such memories still give her tremendous joy when she reminisces about her childhood.

Phew, this is about all. Hope I did not make any factual errors in translation. Jessica and fans, pls forgive me if i did, any mistakes made are purely unintentional

Agree that this article will let us know Jessica better...

Ya, i agree that this article will definitely let us know Jessica better...

Also, thank u for the translation... A good job done!

Replying to:

Re: Re:English translation of Mingpao weekly #1908

Thank you for the translation. I gratefully apprecdiate what you did for the non-reading fans.

Replying to:

To New Spore Fan

Where did u buy this issue from?? Hope i can get a copy too!

Replying to:

Re: To New Spore Fan

I got it from a 2nd-storey book store at Great World City Shopping centre. Another small Indian magazine stall sells it at the basement too.

Hope this helps. Maybe u can also try bigger book stores like Borders or Kinokuniya?

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: Re: To New Spore Fan

do u stil remember the name of the shop?maybe i can call first before i go n buy. how does the cover look like?does it have jessica picture?

Replying to:

I got it from a 2nd-storey book store at Great World City Shopping centre. Another small Indian magazine stall sells it at the basement too.

Hope this helps. Maybe u can also try bigger book stores like Borders or Kinokuniya?

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: To New Spore Fan

I think the bookshop is called Goland. The mag is big A4 size with jessica's photo in front. You can see the cover and the article on this website a few topics below this thread. Stephanie scanned and posted it here on 10 Jun.

Replying to:

do u stil remember the name of the shop?maybe i can call first before i go n buy. how does the cover look like?does it have jessica picture?

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

To Jessica Lee

Hi Lee, if U cannot it from Great World City, U can try bras basah, there'r lots of bookshop selling.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Dear friend,

Thank you so much for the clear English translation. Honestly, after i read it.. I feel sorry for Jessica as she's at the moment experiencing a 'pressure' when it comes to love life. However, i hope she'll settle down soon with a man that she loves and then they will have kids together. Well, let's wish her all the happiness that she desrves in the world.

Anyway, hope to hear from you often in this forum.

Take care always.

love,
su far

Thanx heaps for the translation. Greatly appreciated.

Replying to:

Yee Jessica Don't be a unwed mom! find the one you love and marry before you have a kid. It is a lot of responsibility!

Replying to:

Sina (Mircoblog) : CLICK HERE
News collection website: http://www.suenhuen.com/
For Jessica WEBSITES, goto: The Strongest Links
OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.