General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AW SF mixed with TURF SF

Hi All
When the average SF is made up I presume it means the AVE of the last 3 runs. Thorny Mandate had some resonable form on AWT but LTO ran on totally different ground ( Heavy Winning Time: 2m 54.35s )
As this devalues the AVE SF considerably is it worth putting AWT SF's in italics.
Question to Ian can this be done easily????
sp
ps this is only an example and not anything to do with picking the winner.

Re: AW SF mixed with TURF SF

Yes the Average is the average of the last three runs.

Its a bit of a debate about all weather and turf form mixed but I know and have said before I have had lots of winners that had top ratings on the all weather that were running on the turf and maybe for the first time. On Sunday Stoneacre Lad was second top rated in the big sprint at Ascot on a Master rating that was achived at Lingfield on the all weather and won at 66/1.

On the jump ratings I separate chase and hurdle form but don't feel it neccessary to split the flat codes. I think that you could say just show all form on good ground if the going is good for example. To me the polytrack is just like another going - not exactly but you get my meaning I hope.

Ian

Thanks for the reply Ian. I suppose that when anyone see's a bad run it would not take a moment to look at the form guide to see why.
Bye the way love the toggle bars at the top of each race.
Im finding my way round the site now and the VDW ratings are saving me a lot of time. That alone is worth the months fee.
Now all I need to do is find a couple of nice winners and I'll be off and running.
sp

Hi Spranger

I see that you are using the VDW ratings.

How are you using them? and more importantly, how is it doing ?

I have thought that it would be useful to divide the VDW Ability rating by the age of the horse, but I have never gotten around to checking it out.

Any thoughts

Cheers

Last Gasp

Hi Last Gasp
Tried to let you know I was on holiday but my message from Sinapore did not get through.
I will be back up and running in the next few days, but right now unpacking and recovering.
sp

HI Last Gasp
What you suggested is not something I have thought of before. The best way I have at the moment for this site is to reduce the field size down. After I have done that I study the horses I have left. My initial method is producing a fair amount of winners.

Just before anyone asks what my method is, I would just like to say Im keeping that to myself.
Just use logic to reduce down and find an important filter that works well. sp