General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Place Lays

Hi there

I have recently joined and there is definitely some good info in these figures.

Does anyone have any systems on laying not to get placed ?

Cheers

Simon

Re: Place Lays

Hi Simon

I would start with laying everything I back. lol

I was looking to start some place backing systems but I think place laying is probably going to be more fruitful.
No hard and fast stats at the moment but try to limit your liability to say 5/1 and this will work (so selections 20/1 etc to win)
A few will obviously come in but many many more won't.

Make sure you do the homework on these as well as quite frankly some selections do not have a chance of getting placed due to going/draw/class etc.
So be selective and patient but given that there was about 50 flat races yesterday opportunities will arise.

I know a few people doing this quite successfully. but liquidity is a bit of a problem.

This is a brillaint site but the one failing is a lack of system builders or a suitable method to get the raw ratings into excel etc, which means that we all have to start afresh with our databases.

I have asked for support from other formites but they appear to be a really tight lot on here, whereas you go to ukhorseracing and everyone shares any info or work that they have done.

Re: Place Lays

Hi Stuart

Thanks for your comments - I guess it's the hard route for all of us.

I try and avoid place lays on claimers and sellers due to the lack of any readable form.

Cheers

Simon