General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
place only

Hi everyone
Thanks Ian for your great ratings
I have been lurking for the past week I wonder if anyone has any info on backing the top ratings for a place only,they appear to come up a lot.
cheers

Re: place only

Hi Bob
Sorry personally I do not have enough data to help anyone with anything as only been a memnber for 6 odd weeks.
This is certainly an angle though I am interested in as long as the price and strike rate are good enough to drive a 5-10% ROI.

Will be interested on anything you come up with.
Especially as Centrebet allow you to place bet only and I think sp place are generally better than Betfair, unless you can either watch the racing and bbet near teh off or get a bot to do the work for you.

Hi Stuart
thanks for your interest.
I am thinking along the lines of running doubles and trebles using top rated in races of 8 or 9 runners have you any ideas like shortest or longest odds

Sorry for the delay in replying Bob, but no sorry I do not have enough data at the moment to make any judgements.
I am starting to get that data but I am mainly concentrating on the master as everything is manual and capturing data is time consuming.

Slightly different angle but I think the best thing about capturing the data will show which courses not to back at, as well as race types.
Loads of people concentrate on race class, type, odds etc, but there are clearly some tracks that are not punter friendly and I will be looking to side step these.

Hi Bob, I have written a few posts in the past about me backing the three top rated last time out and have been making some really good money from the bigger priced horses. I have added a new angle lately and have a new place 'system' I am using or testing for a few weeks.

Basically you back any horse each way that is the best rated last time out that is also one of the highlighted (top 3 or 4 or so) in the Master column. The only stipulation is that you must be able to get evens or bigger in the place market on Betfair.

You may wish to look at this, hopefully it won't bomb now I have posted it here.

Keith.

Keith

Out of interest if I do not like the BF palce as generally this is under SP (see thevalueplace for analysis).
What you can do is use centrebet as they pay SP+1 and you can also place only back so could if you wished do win at BF and place at centrebet.

Hi Keith and Stuart
thanks for your input your method looks very interesting Keith I will certainly have a good look at it, it is the reverse of another method on the forum ie top master plus top rated.
talking about the top rated I have noticed that any of the highlighted horses have ran 3 times in the past month seem to do well it might be a flash in the pan or it may be that they are fit.
I will have a look at centrebet Stuart
cheers