General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GOING AND DISTANCE WIN STATS

This is becomming an important area in my research especially concerning previous wins. In advanced search is there any way to expand the current selection criteria as I find selecting a single type of Going or Distance too restrictive.

What I would like is the ability to select distances/going either side of the target, for example:-

Target distance 7F but would like to look at 6-8F or 6.5-7.5F

Same with Going, Target Good-Soft but also want to include say just Soft.

Any chance to have this sometime in the future?

What I would like in addition to save some effort is on the cards themselves to show the previous wins at distance and going of the current race being run, probably too much to ask for but I think could be very useful when reading the cards.

Re: GOING AND DISTANCE WIN STATS

Agree totally with VC,and mentioned it way back:the ability to bracket goings,distances etc together in the advanced search.

Yes, I do agree with your comments about searching for more than one option and will see what can be done although it only takes a couple of extra clicks to check GS as well as S.

Regarding your other point VC, I may be able to add some info to a seperate box when hovering your mouse over the horses name. I am considering showing the number of wins to runs in total, the number of wins to runs at the distance and the number of days/runs since the horse won last. The problem with showing data for previous goings is that it can not only change overnight after I add the cards but during the day too and it may just be that you have to use the search feature for this. If you click the position arrow on the form guide you can bring all winning form to the top to see the goings of each win and all at the same time for any race.

The most likely change I will make is the new hover box as mentioned above even before expanding the search feature requests to more than one at a time. I would ask you all whet other 'quick' data you would like in this new hover box that would help read a horses form/chance quicker/better.

Cheers

Ian.

Getting the hover box will be nice. Just have to live with going changes, hopefully we will have a flaming June where the Going will remain Good-Firm/Firm throughout the summer - perfect for F;at Turf racing!

If you want more stuff to add if it is not too cluttered then Won at Course would be another