General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a follow on to dylans 'using the figures'

Hi All.
Dylans 'USING THE FIGURES'is a logiacal way of finding the winners and I would suggest that you have to find the best way for certain types of races. In my case I prefer 'All Age Handicaps' from '7F to 1M 2F' use the figures to try and narrow down the selections. Today we have a 7F All Age Handicap at Goodwood at 3.15.
How I personally look for a selection is to use most of the figures and features of the program
I.E.
The top three rated from the last 3 runs of each horse.(Wavertree Warrior 83, Lizarazu82, & Digital80)
Using the pop up feature on those 3 runs shows where the ratings were obtained.
Wavertree Warrior: 1m Windsor Good Going.
Lizarazu: 7f Warwick Good/Soft
Digital: 6f Bath Soft.

This shows that LIZARAZU matches up to todays race conditions.
Run Advanced Search:
7f Search: Top 4 for this search shows 1:Lizarazu, 2:Blue Java, 3: Border Edge, 4: Corky.
GS Search: Top 4 shows: 1: Blue Java, 2:Corky, 3: Wavertree Warrior, 4: Lizarazu and Grizedale.
Class 4 Search: 1: Selective, 2: Chateau Nicol,
3: Lizarazu & Corky. 4: Blue Java.

Draw Feature:
Top 4 Stall draw shows stalls 7,8,9,10:
Wavertree Warrior, Digital, Lizarazu, and Border Edge.

By this sort of approach this shows that only one horse features in all 5 processes and that is Lizarazu
On top of all this Lizarazu is ridden again today by the jockey who won on him 11 days plus he is in the top 3 inform. ratings for both course and distance.
Nothing is of course guaranteed in horse racing but at 15/1 on betfair has got to be worth a bet, although the betfair place price of 1.83(5/6 on) isn't, you're better of in the bookies

regards to all
peter b.

Re: a follow on to dylans 'using the figures'

PETER B......Its the same basis as an old system I used to use with TOPSPEED in the Racing Post.I used to have a filter of no races over 12 furlongs.....but have dispensed with that for the time being.