General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Additional information..

Hi I have only just subscribed but am not a newcomer to ratings and have been studying many forms of them for a long time..

If I may put up a suggestion that may or may not benefit the ratings but I believe that they just might is..

1) The additional information of whether it is increasing or decreasing in weight from its last set of speed ratings would be good. This could be placed where the number of days since last run is..

2) A good indicator that I have found over time is the horses weight as a mean to the rest of the field and this could be indicated in Ibs in brackets next to the horses name.

3) An idication as to whether the speed ratings was achieved on the AW or turf would be of great help as well, maybe underline for AW or something..

4) Some kind of indication via colour coding as to where the horse came in its last 3 races, say red for a win, blue placed and black unplaced..

So if you get a horse with a say a master of 90 with -5 in small numbers this would indicate it is running 5Ib ligher than it's last race, then next the horses name you have a (-10) this would indicate that it is also 10ibs ligher than the average weight of the race. If its last three figures are not underlined but this one is then you would be aware that this is an AW race and its last ratings were achieved on the turf..

Ok a working example from your ratings....
02/04/06 Kempton 2:30
You have in your ratings of the four with the highest Master ratings two non-runners leaving you Pevensey with a Master of 86 and Obrago with a Master of 85

Obragos column from right to left would be
78 +3 in black it was unplaced and underlined it was AW
85 -8 in blue it came second and underlined it was AW
78 +10 in black it was unplaced and underlined it was AW

Todays master would be 85 -3 underlined, Next to its name in brackets (+2) indicating that it is 2Ibs heavier than the mean race weight.

Pevensey's column right to left would read
74 -3 in black it was unplaced and no underline it was turf
82 -1 in black it was unplaced and no underline it was turf
78 - in blue it was placed and no underline it was turf.

Todays Master would be 86 +7 underlined indicating this is AW and that the previous three ratings were achieved on turf and that it is running 9Ibs heavier than its last race, next to it's name would be(+8) indicating that is is 8ibs heaver than the mean race weight.

Now I know that the above looks a little confusing but it you write it out on a piece of paper and colour code the positions ect it paints a much clearer picture. From the ratings we had two non-runners and two top masters, which one would you back given the information above?

Anyway Ian please take this the right way as it is meant purely as a suggestion and nothing more..

Re: Additional information..

hello i have just joined. just be looking at your idea about haveing weight higher or lower beside horse i think that a great idea in fact it should be done stright away . so lets hope it is done soon. great advice thank you very much, i will watch this space. eddie

Hi BJ

Another way to look at the race is from a class perspective.

Obrigado had won a better class race on 12/11/05 carried 8-11

The Kempton race was 4lbs lower in class than the 12/11/05 race and Obrigado carried 8-13 in the Kempton race, but the unkown factor was that as a 6yr old it was running over 10f for the first time, hence the decent SP.

Pevensey had won a race 15lbs below this class on 22/07/05 carried 9.00.

On past form one horse was proven in better class and the other needed to improve by 15ilb to win in this class.

Also from a LTO point of view

Obrigado was being raised 1lb in class from LTO carried 9-2 and carried 8-11, 5lbs less in the Kempton race

Pevensey was being raised 8lbs in class from LTO carried 8-10 and carried 9-04, 8lbs more in the Kempton race

Good Luck

Monster

Monster some very good points and if this class information could be included in the hovering of mouse over horse then the ratings would be all the more valuable..

BJ

Hi thanks for all the posts.

If I could get the class of the race in the hover box, ie class 3, class 4, would this help? Please let me know.

Ian

Hi Ian

It would be very useful if you could get the Official Class Rating in the hover box.

Better still if you could develop your own class ratings based on the actual ratings of the competitors that the selected horse ran against.

Good Luck

Monster

Hi All.
I put all the runners through the advanced search using just the different classes and it brings up the list of horses who have run/won in that class. Is this what you are looking for? I.E. If it is a class 5 race, then I put the advanced search just through on class 4 or even 3 and get a list of the horses who have run or won in those classes.

Regards
Peter B.

Hi Peter B

It depends on the class of horse who turns up for the class of race.

Take for instance according to the class ratings that I use.

Pevensey won class 2 22/7/05 which was in real terms lower in class than Obrigado's previous win.

Obrigado won class 4 12/11/05 but beat better class horses

Good Luck

Monster