General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peter B system

Hi I am new to the forum (today actually) I have read the posts on the Peter B system but do not know how it works could anyone advise?

Re: Peter B system

Hi Darren.
I am fairly new the ratings myself (2 months)but have looked at logical ways of using them and I am still in this process but have had reasonable success so far. I only use All Age Handicaps and utilise the Advanced Search feature with the accent on the going.
I managed 1 Win, 1 place and 1 u/p last night at Catterick using Betfair made about 5pt profit which made up for a poor day on monday.
Today I am going for 4 this afternoon.
2.50 Chester The Nawab
3.20 Chester Nice Tune
3.00 Newcastle Red River Rebel
3.35 Newcastle Apache Point
I very rarely bet at less than 5/1 which means that the strike rate needs top be 25% winners overall.
Hope this helps.
Peter B

Hi.
I thought my system was starting to fail but today it has come up with Mystery Pips at 25/1.
p.b,

Hi All.

Didn't get around to looking at the cards until 2.00pm
today as it's been a busy day so I haven't had time to post but these can be checked if you wish.
2.30 CHESTER GREEN MANALISHI
4.45 YARMOUTH MYSTERY PIPS WON 25/1
7.55 HAMILTON MCELDOWNEY
8.25 HAMILTON CATCH THE CAT

It's amazing how a few losers can knock the confidence but it just goes to prove that if you stick a reasonably logical method and decent odds than it is possible to make a profit. 'Patience not Greed' is the motto.

peter b

Hi All
Just an update.
I have just been on betfair and seen that MCELDOWNEY is a non runner so have rechecked and have gone for
EASIBET DOT NET. Catch The Cat in the 8.25 is only shown at 5/2 which is below my threshold price so I have resisted the bet at that price. May have time to look later to see if it goes up.
Peter B

Hi Peter B

Catch The Cat has won 4 times when dropped in class.

12/07/02 down from 4 to 5
15/07/03 down from 6 to 5
29/07/04 down from 4 to 5 OR 69 (Top OR)
14/05/05 down from 4 to 5 OR 69 (Top OR)

Good Luck

Monster

Hi Monster
After a couple of weeks of experimenting I am now settled into a method and hopefully this will continue in a winning vein.
Todays are:
1.40 ling Future Deal
4.20 ling Intiguing glimpse
4.55 ling Edin Burgher
5.15 nott Fabrian and Press Express

These are my only Qualifiers.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards
Peter B

Hi Peter thanks for your reply is it logical to look at the going distance and course in the advanced feature, then whittle these down. EG if no horse as won/run on the course take this out and so on, as it seems to me that the speed data is ok but on its own it can be fairly misleading. For example there are horses that have great speed but have only ever run on sand!
Also do you take the class of race they have been running in?
And what makes you dimsiss a race totally?

Many Thanks

Darren The Novice

Hi Darren.
I have picked out a few for today:
3.15 BEVERLEY SPANISH ACE AND HOLBECK GHYLL
2.10 LINGFIELD ALL IVORY
2.25 NMKT NORTON
3.30 NMKT ACE OF HEARTS
6.45 THIRSK BOND DIAMOND
8.15 THIRSK HIGH RIDGE AND WHINHILL HOUSE
6.30 WARWICK DUNN DEAL AND PARKSIDE PURSUIT
8.00 THIRSK IRONY AND PHLUKE.
IT LOOKS AS THOUGH IT COULD BE A POOR WEEK THIS WEEK BUT YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT AS IT COMES AND PERSEVERE.
I'LL GET BACK TO YOU ON THE OTHER POINTS, JUST A BIT BUSY AT THIS MINUTE
REGARDS
PETER B