General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new class ratings

I like the look of the the new class ratings . Yesterday i was doubling the rating figures and comparing them to the master + average. I then added 2 points for every tick given to the qualifying horses in the racing post postdata to come up with a final figure. This found Lake wakatipu at 16/1 , miss glory be at 6/1 and juniper girl at 5/1 so not a bad day on 7 races i had a bet on. Could i just ask which figure you used for the class ratings.Many thanks

Re: new class ratings

Peter

You seem to have done well yesterday, do you have any selections for today?

Thanks

Nick

Hi Peter, can you let me know what figures you mean for the class ratings? I took all the winning ratings for every class, 1 to 7 and for each age group, 2yo, 3yo and older horses as well as Listed and Group races. I eliminated any ratings that were a lot lower or higher than the bulk of results to give the lower and higher figures the took the average.

Is this any help? If not let me know.

Ian

sorry nick,
i didnt read your message until this evening.I did have 2 winners onlytimewilltell at4.4 and merlins profit at 5.9. i am still fine tuning and although i have had a good few days it could go **** up at any time so i dont want to waste your hard earned. i do feel happier that the system works better on all-weather where of course speed ratings should come into there own with true run races. i have read that speed figures work well on galloping courses. any idea which courses would fit into that category anyone. if i continue to see a profit then i dont mind giving out tips but lets just see how it pans out for week or so. I will be looking at kempton tomorrow which i am a little unsure of due to its lack of stats.

Hi I an ,
sorry i didnt explain myself to well earlier,to busy crowing about yesterdays result.
what i wanted to know was which figures ie master,lto average,m+av you based your class ratings on
thanks.
ps i do believe the info you compile here is invaluable, it is just a matter of fine tuning and a little work from all of us and i think we can be on to a really good thing here

Hi Peter, the winning ratings that I have recently added are the actual winning ratings that the horse whoi won each particular race, going by age and class was given. I would suggest that a horse would have to have scored this rating in the last twelve months to have a chance of winning the particular race so probably best to go on Master Ratings.

I will be looking at improving these tables in the near future dividing them into Maidens, sellers etc and giving the percentage of each winning rating. For example if I have 500 races for 3yo class 5 handicaps and in 100 of them I had rated the winner at 77 I would show that horses that had scored a rating of 77 had won 20% of this type of race. This may allow you to elimante any winning rating under 10% or so.

Would this help? I would be glad to hear how I could show these past winning ratings more effectively.

Ian

Hi Peter

How did you do today?

Thanks

Nick

Hi nick,
didnt do well yesterday, but i am not confident with kempton yet, i dont think any one is. havent done any selections today but back in the saddle tomorrow.
I am finding that a horse has to be more than 4 points ahead in my rating to warrant a bet.Iam now leaving races alone where the ratings are close unless there is enough value to select more than one horse.