General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Inform Lay system

IAN.......Good results.I see you have the results at the start of the thread.Do you have the TOTAL NUMBER OF BETS that it took to achive these figures.

Hi Dylan, sorry for the delay in answering. The figures can be seen on the fifth post down from the top of this topic.

Latest update for May is 50 selections, 5 winners (losing bets). Including the 20% added on to all winners this still shows a profit so far this month of 20.6pts.

Four bets yesterday with 3 losing, all spoilt by Borehan a winner at 5/1.

Ian

IAN...Cheers,I had missed the post.....nice consistent figures.

Final totals for May.

Slight errors in the totting up during the month but the actual results are slightly better.

53 bets, 5 won (losing bets).

Including adding 20% to all winning sps to allow for laying on the exchanges total May profit:

+25.62PTS.

I will try and go back through the past results at some stage to try and find out how many horses at all prices, not the 6/1 max lay as the system rules state, lost or even didn't get placed to reduce liability.

Just for your info, in May and using the system rules, only 19 of the 53 bets won or were placed meaning a possible 34 successful place lays and there has still only been one occasion since January that a losing bet has immediately followed a losing bet, so a laying retrieval method could possibly be implicated.

Ian.

Hi all,
Has anybody tried to use the lay system by backing the horses the night before racing as probably most people have to work and are not able to lay the horses during the day.

I can only suggest that you lay any possible selections the night before racing at a maximum of 5 or six to one, although I admit this is not ideal and not really viable.

I think the risk involved in laying means that anybody who lays rather than backs probably has to be around close to when the race starts to make sure that the price does not inflate, whether they use this system or any of their own methods.

Ian

A good start to June so far with 9 selections and 9 winning bets and 6 of these were unplaced.

Checking back on all results so far since January 1st, the average price of all selections is 9/2.

+9pts

Ian

Hi Ian
The lay system seems to be going well - but it is a terrible time consuming chore to go through all the cards finding the selections and checking the prices. Is there any way the progrmme could throw them up, or you could? Seems daft heaps of us doing the same graft.

Cheers

A terrible week so far for the lay system with 5 winners and 4 of them yesterday.

Profits for the month have been hit and now stand at just +1.1 (including adding 20% to all winners sp's), so just keeping heads above water thanks to the earlier success in the month.

3 year old improvers are the main cause but have been on our side in the past so we will have to see what the long term effect is.

Ian

Back on track again yesterday with 4 winning bets from 4 making the month so far:

35 bets, 30 winning bets, +5.1 pts profit (including adding 20% to all winning sp's)

Ian

Latest update for the end of June left the system with a profit of 11.7 pts and another winning month.

62 selections, 54 winning bets and 8 losing bets at prices of: 6/1, 11/2, 2/1, 5/1, 9/4, 6/1, 3/1, 11/2

Ian.

Hi Ian

Good results and a nice consistant return so far this year, I have decided that I will set up my bot to fire off the lays during the day as I don't like doing them at night.
Am I right in saying that you will lay to a max of 7.2 which is 6/1+20% (7.2 being decimal)

If so I will leave the bot at this maximum else I will need to bring in the sporting life and get the current prices (1 minute beofre the scheduled start time)
Do you have any other filters like minimum runners.

Also have you had a chance yet to test at different SP's from the posts in may.

Finally please don't take this the wrong way as it takes my all of ten minutes to get teh qualifies on a daily basis (except sat I guess) but here is a cut from your post on 11th May

I'm afraid that I don't have the time to post all of the selections for the systems and I will never have a column for them on the race cards. There would be too many selections to post after all and they only become qualifiers if they are 6/1 or less at the off.

I am only highlighting the lay system at present as it has been successful from the start of the year.}colour

Unless you are willing to pay £49 per month I guess

£24 a month actually for the lay selections not £49, for a service that has produced a profit thus far of over 70 points in 6 months.

Nothing in life is free Stuart and no one has to pay but many, going by the numbers subscribed to the service, like to know the correct selections, can't be bothered to find the selections themselves or don't have the time.

I'm only trying to make a living my friend and for a very fair price too I would suggest.

Ian.

Ian was intended to be a bit tongue in cheek, no offence intended.

Do you have plans to limit the number of subscribers to protect the prices for members or do you think that the weight of money is not significant enough to move the market.

Would appreciate a reply on the other points as I am try to operate these selections as well and do not want to deviate from the selection criteria as I want to return as near to the suggested profit as you quote.

I guess using a fudge factor of 20% which is overstaed in these price bands commission has effectively been covered else that could wipe out a bit of the reported profit.
But as I say if you are getting 20% over Sp on thee price bands you shold not be laying

Best Regards

Stu

Fair enough, only fighting my corner.

I haven't got anything down on these sp's yet but have got all selections written down ready to be sorted and transferred onto the web site sometime in the future.

As for the 20% added, I can't be around to watch every lay price at the off and do think this is a fair guesstimate and think some of the lower prices will not be 20% or even near it, possibly accounting for any commission rates in the long run.

Hopefully the success will continue for this system.

Ian.

Final update for July.

72 selections, 63 winning bets - 88% strike rate.

Profit = +14.7pts again including 20% added to all losing bet sp's for laying on Betfair.

7th consecutive winning month, total profit since January 06 = +88.57pts

Ian

does anyone have the inform lay selections for sun 6th aug. Thankyou

Final lay system results for August - first losing month since January.

80 bets in total
66 winning selections (horses that lost)
14 losing selections
83% strike rate

Total = -11.76pts

Total since January = + 76.81pts

Lets hope this is a one off. Still plenty of horses that lost and were unplaced but the number of winners unfortunately were averaging around 5/1 (6 including the 20% added)

Ian

I stopped recording the results for this system due to lack of time but it is very likely still working successfully. I may start recording results again soon. This system can be found in the 'Systems' section of the members area.

Ian

1 2