General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advanced search

Those who were using the advance filter today would certainly have come up with Trinculo at 20/1,and possibly Viva Volta/Tour Damour,1st,3rd in the 5.05.
The 5.05 was oaver 7f and 100yards and in the main rating page,the distance must match exactly.So nothing in the distance column here for viva volta.When I did the advanced search I did 7f first,then 8f,of course it would be preferable to do both together. Anyway,I had a very profitable day due to the ratings.

When I have the form page open at a later race on the card and I go to sort a column,the page shoots back up to the first race and seems to sort
all races by that column,is this supposed to happen?

Re: Advanced search

Hi and thanks for your views on the ratings and your 'good work' with the search facility.

I am always trying to improve the cards, ratings, features and the site itself so I really do welcome constructive critisism or praise such as you have posted. I agree that the search feature would be better if you could search for more than one going or distance at a time and will see if this can be done.

Your other points have all been noted as are all other comments. One of my main aims for the web site is not to make it too complicated and as easy to see the most likely winners at a glance. I was emailed yesterday just on this point saying how good it was not to have too much info. There is one addition I am considering which I will post on the Members home page shortly and see if it would be useful to subscribers and take it from there.

Just looking at the top five or six in a big field can get the winner narrowed down as can looking for the horses that have scored one of the top 3 ratings from all last three runs, especially if you wait for the big prices.

Well done for finding Trinculo yesterday who was also top course and distance rated as was Profits Reality today a winner at 20/1. For anyone who wants to find any decent systems from the ratings I think the past results pages will be useful and I hope to keep adding more past results back through last year soon.

Keep the comments coming and it would be good to see some new systems posted to share with other members.

You might be interested to know that Viva Volta was available on betfair at 34s and Trincilo at 55s, I am not certain of the time but probably late morning.

I do virtually all my betting on betfair.My advice would be print out the cards and write in the betfair odds beside each runner,Trinculo was a big give away,had 3 wins in identical race conditions.Stick to all age handicaps,watch for layoff horses,check the draw and the trainerform.In my opinion the advantage is firmly with the backer on betfair.

just a point about the back button. I use the standard back button instead of the back to menu button and this usually takes you back to the race you are working on. Saves a little bit a time scrolling up the list.

regards
pb.